Help needed

Naboo

Hey all. I just download the PS1 emulator, and I'm having some difficulty getting started. In fact, I don't even know where to begin. I don't even understand the terminology being used. "Bios, patches, docs" etc. What the heck is that stuff for? I'm totally lost here. Is there a kind soul out there who is willing to help me out? Please and thank you.

jimmymjb2

Alright so first, you need the bios. You dont need to know what it is or does, . You just need to know that it is a file you need in order to run ePSXe. I cant tell you how or where to get it, because of legal issues. Just do a google search for the bios file:'scph1001' to learn more about it. If you did have it you would put it in the 'Bios' Folder in your espxe directory.
So now just run epsxe. When it opens, click on the 'config' button. Select 'wizard guide' from the resulting menu. click on 'config>>'

What happens now is you select a single file from the list inside the window to preform specific operations.

The first is the bios; Selct the file by highlighting it and click next. Then select a video plugin ,then audio and so on. Just keep clicking next selecting plugins in the window as you go. Honestly i dont know the difference from one to the next. perhaps someone could clarify. I also dont remember what plugins come with the initial download. It may be that you need to also download video or audio plugins. You'll know this if you get an angry warning message when running the 'wizard guide'

http://home.t-online.de/home/PeteBernert/#Introduction

This page has some of the more recommended plugins. Its alot I know. Like i said this isnt my field so all I can say is that when you're looking for a plugin, check for a recent release date and make sure you have the correct operating system. Download and extract them to the 'plugins' folder in your epsxe directory. They should then show up next time you run the 'wizard guide'.

So I could go on. Just look into this stuff try it out and come back with specific questions, and illl see what i can do.

Naboo

Originally posted by jimmymjb2@Feb 15 2004, 06:08 AM
Alright so first, you need the bios. You dont need to know what it is or does, . You just need to know that it is a file you need in order to run ePSXe. I cant tell you how or where to get it, because of legal issues. Just do a google search for the bios file:'scph1001' to learn more about it. If you did have it you would put it in the 'Bios' Folder in your espxe directory.
So now just run epsxe. When it opens, click on the 'config' button. Select 'wizard guide' from the resulting menu. click on 'config>>'

What happens now is you select a single file from the list inside the window to preform specific operations.

The first is the bios; Selct the file by highlighting it and click next. Then select a video plugin ,then audio and so on. Just keep clicking next selecting plugins in the window as you go. Honestly i dont know the difference from one to the next. perhaps someone could clarify. I also dont remember what plugins come with the initial download. It may be that you need to also download video or audio plugins. You'll know this if you get an angry warning message when running the 'wizard guide'

http://home.t-online.de/home/PeteBernert/#Introduction

This page has some of the more recommended plugins. Its alot I know. Like i said this isnt my field so all I can say is that when you're looking for a plugin, check for a recent release date and make sure you have the correct operating system. Download and extract them to the 'plugins' folder in your epsxe directory. They should then show up next time you run the 'wizard guide'.

So I could go on. Just look into this stuff try it out and come back with specific questions, and illl see what i can do.
Thanks very much for your help, but I've decided to just buy a PS1 instead. I figure it's a whole lot easier than having to go through all this stuff.

I feel really bad for wasting your time. Sorry, dude. I really appreciate your help though. If I wasn't so computer illiterate, I'm sure your help would have been very useful to me. But since I'm a lazy dumbass, I'm just going to take the easy way out and buy a playstation. But again, thank you for taking the time to help me out anyway.