Dosbox problem

salman

i tried to run an old dos game on dosbox,but when i tried it says that game cannot run with an EMM driver,please remove EMM driver from config .sys
can anyone tell me what i am supposed to do?

Robert

What game is that? If i've got it i'll try it on my xp computer.

In the properties there should be an option to adjust the config file. Remove a line that says emm386

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
salman,have you tried a DosBox FrontEnd?

salman

the name of the game is soccerkid,i used to play it on windows 98 like 6 years ago,now on windows xp its not running

montpics

Well, not all games were fully compatible with DosBox. If it doesn't work, which means you have to use Win98 to run it.

Speaking of it, I tested Duke Nukem 3D on DosBox and it ran like hell. Luckilly I still have Win98. :)

salman

Robert said:
What game is that? If i've got it i'll try it on my xp computer.

In the properties there should be an option to adjust the config file. Remove a line that says emm386

i will try this,but i want to know properties of teh game or dosbox?

Robert

Hmm I've got a coupla-thousand old dos games, but not that one.

Normally I just make a shortcut to the game, then right-click, select properties, compatibility and choose win98. I've only just gotten my xp computer and its not switched on right now, but I think you can change the config and autoexec settings on a per-game basis.

I've never used dosbox because all my games are still on my win95 pc (haven't tried moving them over yet).