Problem with using Utopia and Chankast

Kizo

Hi all, my name is Kizo and I'm an emulater.
Now, grouphug!
So, now that we got that part covered;

I'm trying to boot an CDI-image using Chankast but I'm running into to some problem. I'm managing to start up the Utopia Boot Disc (tried v1.1 and 1.5) but when I then change the mounted image in that drive, nothing happens.
I've used Utopia Boot Disc for my (real) Dreamcast earlier and it has never been any problem. Just start with UBD and then change disc, correct?
Why is this? Doesn't chankast notice when I change disc?

I'd appricieate the help, thanks in advance.

hagbard

This has been discused many times, please check this thread. You can find more about it with a forum search

Last edited:

Kizo

I've tried searching, but I most be very lousy at it because I did not find any solution. I find several threads that recommend using the Utopia Disc but none that discuss the problem I'm having.
Now, if it's out there, I'd really like a link, because I sure can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

hagbard

My link was mistakenly cut, it's fixed now so please recheck, sorry for that. Anyway, the problem might not be about the UBD only but also the BIOS for example. Hope info helps

Kizo

Hmm...
I've now tried using five different BIOS and Flash without any luck and I'm using the UTB 1.1, but it still doesn't load anything after the UTB. :confused:

hagbard

Did you try with both "CDROM interface ASPI" and "CDROM interface xxx" from Chankast?

Kizo

hagbard said:
Did you try with both "CDROM interface ASPI" and "CDROM interface xxx" from Chankast?
Yeah, but when I use ASPI I can't even start UTB. It says I can't read the TOC from designated drive.

hagbard

ASPI doen't work probably because it's not installed, you might try it with either ForceAspi or Nero's version.

Also your game might be an Echelon release so it won't work unless the intro is removed. More info here. Did other games work?

Kizo

hagbard said:
ASPI doen't work probably because it's not installed, you might try it with either ForceAspi or Nero's version.

Also your game might be an Echelon release so it won't work unless the intro is removed. More info here. Did other games work?
I've now tried ASPI too and it didn't help, nor is it an Echelon-release so that's not the problem and I've tried with another game to but that doesn't work either.
I even downloaded a "pack" with a ROM(Image), Chancast, UTB and the BIOS+Flash but not even that worked.

Zach

Try not to bump threads this old with questions like that. If you look at Kizo's post count it's pretty clear he left the forum a long time ago and never came back. In the future however, you might want to consider sending a private message to a member to ask these kinds of things.