OK please guys... I really need your help.

snakeyes0101

Since I ran the Chrono Cross ISO on ePSXe 1.6.0 in fullscreen mode, my screen resolution on my desktop is screwed up. It works fine but the image is curved on the sides. Anyone know how to fix that ?

mhl12

can you post a screenshot? and have you tried adjusting your resolution and monitor settings?

snakeyes0101

Yeah, I tried resetting the monitor settings but it's still curved ! I'll try uploading a screencap but I don't think it will be curved on your monitor too.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
"curved on the sides"? Butters is correct its a hardware problem. Most monitors have an option screen that you can adjust this. there should be a button on your monitor with a move screen up down left right and an option for something like ( ) or ) ( this allows corrects to be made here. If an emulator did this then it almost has to be caused by a refresh mode forcing your monitor to display a rate it could not handle. If its an old monitor then you may not have this option. Personally I don't think its the emulator fault but rather the fact the emulator put stress on your monitor that it could have Handeled but was on the virge of failing anyways. Now this is only a guess I don't know what kind of monitor you have or how new it is. Before doing anything make sure you reboot and also shut the monitor off. It could be a temporary symptom.

hagbard

Also the resolution & refresh rate might not be correctly suported by your graphics card.

Zach

The curving and image distortion has more to do with the different refresh rate frequencies, and nothing to do with your monitor not supporting them. If your monitor did not support a frequency or resolution, then it would not display a picture - at all. It would give you an "out of range" error message.

Monitors has required different calibrations for refresh rates @ any resolution since the beginning of time. If your video card does not support a resolution or refresh rate, it would likely not even display in the program options anywhere, and I doubt any software these days would just blindly try to force a specific mode, unless the user set it up that way. Recalibrating is just a fact of life. Changing your refresh rate back to what it was before, will give you the picture you were used to.

Last edited: