The Differnce in MDF and IMG

Lee49645

since my previous thread was locked ive got a different question cuz after looking around the in the daemon tools site

ppl were talking about mdf and img files

i learned the most ppl burn? mdf files so they can play their copied games

my situation is that my mdf file is too big for regualr CDRs so im stuck with mdf

are there programs that help me play mdf files directly or is that not how it works o_O

thank in advance..again

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
You probably have Alcohol 120% already on your PC if you have tried burning the image. Right-click on the .mds (or the .mdf if there's no .mds). and just mount it.

montpics

Buy DVD Burner if you want to burn a huge big image file on a disc. :cool:

Zach

MDF is an Alcohol 120% format for images, be they CD or DVD. I also have ISO's of DVD.

How do you guys always come up with this whack ass information ? :excl:

hagbard

True. Anyway, MDF DVD images are actually ISO images, but MDF CD images are not ISO nor BIN, raw + subchannel data indeed

hagbard

Mount the image with Daemon Tools, then make another one with the program you want

mhl12

another question, is there any big difference between these type of image files.. such as a matter of space or quality?

hagbard

mhl12 said:
another question, is there any big difference between these type of image files.. such as a matter of space or quality?
About PC CD-DVD copy protection emulation there're some differences, Alcohol MDF it's probably the most advanced, DMPS burn/emulation for example.

About compatibility, Clone CD IMG are BIN, CDrwin images, and the subchannel data is stored on the .SUB file. The CCD stands for a kind of CUE. Btw, the CUE files created by Clone CD with the compatibility mode are most of times incorrect for multi track CD images. Alcohol MDF are not directly compatible with any format as I said before.