Smurfs(sega-cd) password feature

the_grinch

How the hell do you use the password feature in The Smurfs video game for sega-cd ? Im trying to beat this game but it is really becoming tiresome to restart at level one after dying at a higher level. :mad:

hagbard

Use save states instead.

the_grinch

I thought save states were not yet supported for sega cd emulators ?

The game has a password feature you can access from the initial game menu, but ive played this game several times and have never been given any password whilst pausing the game or after my demise. Instead im taken directly to the game over screen and restarted at level one.

the_grinch

Right now im using kega fusion v. 3.4 and it gives me a message about it being not supported. I also have gens32 surreal v1.29 and it doesnt give any messages, but when you try to resume your save state it comes up frozen, the readme text says its not supported yet. Do you know wich version supports it ?

the_grinch

Well, i dont know if they do or they dont (support sega cd save states) but from my understanding they dont. Anyway, in The Smurfs game they dont give you your password until you've made it to the lake which is a few levels into the game.

hagbard

Definitely Sega CD save states are not supported right now.