MU Online

Mourgos

Has anyone played mu online?I heard it's quite good (and free more importantly) but it's 67 mbytes so I'd like a second opinion before I start downloading it.

M.H.A.Q.S.

mu online!!

what's that?

Mourgos

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Feb 5 2004, 11:09 PM
67mb is nothing. Tell us about it when you play it.
67mb are sth if you have a 56k connection and the server is in England(I think).
I've been downloading for 5 hours and I'm still at 17%.

Anyway when it's downloaded I'll tell you what I think.

Splize

Just recently I was getting 250kb/sec.......there was probably something messed up with the internet company cuz some of my buds were getting the same thing B)

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
What I meant is that I may be on 56k but at least I try to find servers give me a full speed.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
At least I get 67mb in less than 8 hours at full speed.

When it comes to broadband however I live in a third world country(price/performance comparison with other countries).

M.H.A.Q.S.

I use 56K and my internet has a 5-6K of speed. I agree with Lefteris_D, 67MB should take about 6hours.

Although I have an ASDL connection in my office, i prefer using the net to download things at home.

AngeloL

I have cable, but also use Download Accelerator Plus, an AWESOME program that seriously speeds up ALL my downloads by up to 500%! So I download at like 500-600kbps with it.

And BTW, on this page (http://www.muonline.com/s03/s01.asp), what do I have to download? Just the "MU Full Version", or also the patch and other stuff there?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I use DAP as well only for Mozilla. Be careful, getting banned from some sites thanks to DAP is very easy. Set it to one connection per server and you will be fine.

Mourgos

Alright I finally downloaded it.It looks crappy indeed,but since I I had all thiw trouble downloading it I'll try it some more.