Emu Roms

Roodee

Ok guys i got a Street Fighter 3 in 1 Rom. I dl'ed it from *removed* and well i extracted it and everything and a CDI File and a MSInfo Document. Ok now when i push start on the EMULATOR the blue circle come out and everything then it says something about SEGA and then it just freezes even the FPS at the bottom left of my screen freeze everything just comes to a stand still. Any one wanna help me with this plz?

Last edited by a moderator:

hagbard

Roodee

Yeah man sorry im not all that specific well i got the Bios and the Flash that i need and then i got the UBD and i have that in Daemon Tools ver. 4 i think it is the new one. well i load that up in the Chankast and i get this raindeer or something then i try to unmount the image from DT and it wont let me Unable to UNMOUNT image device 0 has outstanding open Handles. and thats where im stuck dont know what to do from there

hagbard

You have to mount the CDI image with Daemon Tools, unmount is to unload the emulated drive.

Roodee

ok i clicked MOUNT on DT after the UBD loaded and it still gives me that Error and the choices i have are ABORT, RETRY, and Ignore dont what to do.

hagbard

Perhaps this is your problem. Use another "dc_flash.bin" , sometimes helps (looks it's region dependent)

Also make sure you've ASPI installed ( get ForceASPI ), and change to "CD-ROM Interface XXX" from "CD-ROM interface ASPI" on "Plugins" -> "Configure". You have to selected the DT virtual drive in Chankast too

Otherwise, you might fix it by disabling "Devices - restrict CD-ROM acces to current user" on Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Local security policies -> Local policies.

Last edited:

Roodee

Dude now its giving me an error "Caant read TOC from e:Drive" that happened after i put the ASPI Cd plugin. And dude i went to Administrative tools and i dont have Local security policies so i dont know how to turn that off. Thank you for helping me so far i appreciate it.

hagbard

Which Windows version are you using? I'm talking about XP, and officially only Windows 2003 and XP are supported. ASPI should work anyway if you got ASPI (ForceASPI, or Nero's wanspi32.dll) installed. Did you select the proper (DT) drive on "Options" -> "Configure Drive"?

Last edited:

Roodee

Yeah man i have Windows XP home edition and i have the Right DT Drive selected in the Emulator and i have the Force ASPI i have it in my Documents is that where its supposed to be? I just unzipped it there and left it there and then just tried it in the Emulator and it gave me that error. Dang i dont think ill ever get this damn Emu to work

hagbard

So if you got XP, "CD-ROM Interface XXX" should work but not sure about the Home Edition. Anyway, looks you didn't install ForceASPI: launch/run "INSTASPI.BAT", and follow the instructions.

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
sorry this is quasi-offtopic but is chankast working now? last time i was here (many months ago) chankast worked but it couldnt really support any dreamcast games. my questions i guess are. 1. does it work. 2 does it have cd-rom support. 3. how big are the isos

(sorry i went o/t there but i just had to ask. good luck getting your emu to work man)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Genome said:
sorry this is quasi-offtopic but is chankast working now? last time i was here (many months ago) chankast worked but it couldnt really support any dreamcast games. my questions i guess are. 1. does it work. 2 does it have cd-rom support. 3. how big are the isos

(sorry i went o/t there but i just had to ask. good luck getting your emu to work man)

I have to do this without having the emu now, so I hope my answers are correct ;)
1. It works pretty good. It supports a lot of DC games already at good speed.
2. Don't know. Definately not GD-ROM, but perhaps CD-ROM.
3. The ISOs can be up to a bit above 1GB, since that's the capacity of a GD-ROM. Most games are around 700MB though (unpacked).

hagbard

I agree with alco but I want to add something about question 2: It can perfectly run CD-ROMs (never GD-ROMs), I meant recorded ISOs on CD, even runs Utopia Boot Discs so non-selfbootable games might work this way. It makes no diference from emulated media on DT btw.

Roodee

ok dude i clicked on that file in the ASPI or whatever thing and it works now loading in Chankast. the cds work now i dont get that error anymore and now i can mount the CDI file but is it supposed to load by itself or do i push start?

hagbard

It's supposed to load by itself if it's self bootable. Check this thread for more info. A forum search would help too.