Nintendo Power!

phillyman

I would like to tell you what i am currently in the progress of doing ......I want to give back to the Emulation Scene.....I cant program emulators (yet) ......and one day i came across a group of people that were scanning all the game manuals for the classic games we grew up on .....and it hit me .....that i can give back by scanning my entire Nintendo Power Collection (194 issues) ......Well thats what i am in the progress of doing right now ...4 issues are released right now

I will be releasing more of them very soon ......After i get done scanning the Nintendo Powers ....I will move onto EGM and Gamepro.....and some other magazines......I will be staying 5 years behind the current issue as to not piss Nintendo off .....the PDF files wont be hosted on my site .....i will release them out on TPB.org and MN.org .....and hopefully they get posted up to Newsgroups and circulated around

This isnt to rip off Nintendo .....As they dont make money off these old magazines anymore .....the only place you can find them is in peoples closets and on Ebay......

So dont you guys Throw out your old magazines......send them to me !

www.retromags.com

If the admin of this site could post a news article on the front page and link to my forum for anyone who wants to get involved ....i would appriciate it greatly

We have a small team growing ....and the more people we get to join the faster the releases will come

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that some publishing houses make money out of old magazine issues as well.

Zach

Yeah I think you can order back issues or something.

In any case, I think thats a cool idea.

Hope you don't come under any legal trouble, would be a shame.. Interested in affiliating with other sites? Might help spread the word and get people interested in helping you out

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Thanks for all the work on this great initiative! Too bad I'm dutch and can't really help with this. Good luck anyway :)

Genome

north west south west
cool man. i've always wanted nes and snes related issues of nintendo power (i didnt start getting mine until n64 was in its prime.) assuming nintendo doesnt try to eat you asshole then it will be awsome. cant wait to have a virtual np collection of my own.:bow:

Curunir

Great initiative you've taken up there! I happen to live in the shit end of the world and I never managed to get any NP mags, old or new. I've spent some time trying to find scans all over the internet but only got some cover pages.

It'd be really great if you manage to finish what you've started. I'm sure many more people beside me will be thankful.

Good luck!

phillyman

Issue 1 and 2 have been released......Issue 3 should be out tommorow ......that should take us up to issue 7 being released so far :p

phillyman

Genome said:
very cool man. i love reading these old issues. wish you guys had issues 5,8, and the 32 pg strategy guide from the nov/dec issue though. cant wait to get more issues:)

We Have issues 5 and 8 now avaliable ......also we have aquired the first issue of Gamepro and the first issue of Next Generation

They should be up next week :D