Can nes roms play on gens?

hagbard

Nestopia is probably the most accurate and compatible NES emulator. Appart from the already mentioned above, VirtuaNES, Nesten, NNNesterJe, FakeNES and RockNES are pretty good too.

madhatter87

i always role with znes....its worked on every game ive played on it.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
You can however stick a sega game into a NES, it just has a little trouble coming out.

Genome

north west south west
im sure there is a way to do it though. i remember an article i read once where the creator of sonic the hedgehog said he first started development on it when he was playing around with his genesis dev kit and got his super mario brothers cart to play on it.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
cibomatto2002 said:
I woud like to see ZSNES play NES games that would be great!!:eek:

Why? There are plenty of good NES emus out there...
I don't see why people want as much systems as possible in one emu. I'd rather go for an accurate emulator that'll let you play just one system.

Zach

alcoatjez said:
Why? There are plenty of good NES emus out there...
I don't see why people want as much systems as possible in one emu. I'd rather go for an accurate emulator that'll let you play just one system.

The same reason people want a CD player that will play MP3s, and a DVD player that will play DVD's, VCD's, actual video files, MP3's etc.. Convenience, and its not a worthless idea.

MAME is the perfect example of emulating tons of different hardware platforms accurately. It's not that it can't be done, it's that people are either disinteresting in the idea from a development standpoint (too much work), or that the multiple machine emulators out there already, like MESS, just develop slowly over time.