Crash Racing Team-ePSXe Problem HELP pls!

Zahos

Hi everyone, im new here. I like to play again CTR game in PC this time and tried to play it from CD and as ISO . The ISO gives me nothing and from CD i managed to start the CRT but only the SONY start-picture-entranse appeared although the music and the game runs ok.

The problem is that i got only Audio and no VIDEO after the SONY logo!!!

Can anyone help?

Here are the specs i last used from a forum user with similar problem but no solution:

Emulator: ePSXe v1.6
CPU: AMD 3000+
GPU: 256mb ,ATI Radeon 9600Pro
RAM: 1024 DDR , Kingston

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.74
Author: Pete Bernert

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Garbage collection: on
- VRam size: 4 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: on
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000000]

Sound Plugin: Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.15
- Enable Sound
- Enable CDDA Sound
- Enable XA Playing

Jale

Some games won't run on ePSXe 1.6.0. Try running it on an older version such as 1.5.2.

Zahos

OK i figured out what was going wrong. The 1.6.0 is ok, and beleive me 3 hours now i tried all the emules i found 2 years now!!!

For next users with same problem the answer is that in Sound you have to select the option 'Enable SPU IRQ hack' as well.

Because [i dont know why!!!] it doesnt save that setting you have to do it every time and ofcourse after you start the game so forget about the full view option!!!

Thanks all for your interest:D

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Just for the record, Crash Team Racing is running fine on epsxe 1.6.0. I just tested the game myself.

Jale

So for any game that doesn't run on ePSXe 1.6.0, should I have to turn that on? Well, I'll try it and post my thoughts.

hagbard

The PAL version of Crash Team Racing is protected, so you need to enable Subchannel reading from the P.E.Op.S CDr plugin, use a PPF file or even a M3S. Get them all here

About the IPS patch, unzip it on the ePSXe "patches" subfolder, and rename it to "SCES_021.05" exactlly. Make sure to change both the file name and extension to the one I told you, and the Auto load PPF file option is enabled: "Options" -> "Auto load PPF..."

Otherwise, is posible to use a M3S file from the same site, unzip and load it on the Peops CDr plugin: "Config" -> "CD-Rom" -> "P.E.Op.S CDR Driver" -> "Subchannel Reading" -> "Use SBI/M3S file": On the "File" line click on "...", then look for the M3S file.

GGat7jr

Hi to all! I'm having a problem with Crash Team Racing also! :( First I'm not sure if the game is NTSC or PAL. The .bin file I'm using was from a perfectly working psx game. I've done my research: I've been to the P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver config and directed the path to a MS3 file under the subchannel reading option. Put ppf file in the patches subfolder. Renamed the patch to SCES_021.05. I've tried to enable the SPU Irq hack under the sound plugin config. And for some reason it doesn't stay checked after i close the program. All of my other games work perfectly fine. Is there anything I'm doing wrong!? Do I need another sound plugin other than the "ePSXe SPU core" for this to work? If I use the MS3 file do I need to change the name of the file to SCES_021.05? I have version 1.6.0. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanx in advance!!!

hagbard

I'm not sure if this will help, but give a try either P.E.Op.S. or Eternal SPU plugins, and enable SPU IRQ hack in them.

On the other hand, to know if a game is PAL or NTSC, mount the CD image with Daemon Tools and look at the root folder of the virtual CD: If there's a SCES_###.## or SLES_###.## it's PAL. SCUS_###.## or SLUS_###.## is NTSC-U and SLPS_###.## or SLPM_###.##, NTSC-J.

small20

hagbard said:
The PAL version of Crash Team Racing is protected, so you need to enable Subchannel reading from the P.E.Op.S CDr plugin, use a PPF file or even a M3S. Get them all here

About the IPS patch, unzip it on the ePSXe "patches" subfolder, and rename it to "SCES_021.05" exactlly. Make sure to change both the file name and extension to the one I told you, and the Auto load PPF file option is enabled: "Options" -> "Auto load PPF..."
I dont understed what i should do :?:
Firstly ive got the opcode 27 UNK error, and i still dont know what to do, i found another post where someone just wrote "i figured out what to do, and thats all" - u know but i dont know. Can anyone help me :?:
Im using ePSX 1.6.0, if it necesary i will give u all plugins i have but better will be if anyone could give me a proper config :!:

montpics

small20 said:
Im using ePSX 1.6.0, if it necesary i will give u all plugins i have but better will be if anyone could give me a proper config :!:
You can't as you have to do it by yourself as every performance is pretty different to one PC to another PC just by using the same configuration. Huge difference will be on PC specs. :cool:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya! Sorry for bringing an old thread back but I am also having problems with running CTR alongside these other games Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2. I tried almost every conf available it's sooo confusing, I've tried all of the previous ideas and nothing works i think my iso file is NTSC and not PAL but it should still work waht is the best config setting look at my most recent enquiry for all of the game info etc, look here, please help! http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?p=62205#post62205

:D