Dreamcast emu newb here...

hyperkon

Ok I've downloaded the Chankast(0.25 alpha) emulator and I found the bios. So what do I do with the bios? Do I stick it in the directory or what? Also are there any other configurations for it to work?
Also how do I create free blocks from the VMS player?

Last edited:

hagbard

Unzip/unrar the Bios files (dc_bios.bin, dc_flash.bin) on the same folder than Chankast. Then select the drive (Options -> Configure Drive) you're going to use, etiher real or virtual like a Daemon Tools one. Now config the keys as you prefer (Options -> Configure Controls).

You need some ISO/burn CDs tu run in the emu, as originals wonit work because the incompatibility of the GD-ROM format.

hyperkon

Thanks, I got it working. But the only problem now is how to save a game? It keeps asking for free blocks and I don't know how to use clankast input.

hagbard

Ok, you need to select a virtual VMS to save games: Plugins -> Configure -> Connected peripherals -> Port A: Select "Controller" and on the list below this one "VMS"

You can check/import save games with the "vmsbrowser.exe" application included in the Chankast zip release. As usual, the help file has a nice guide about it

To configure the input: Options -> Configure Controls

Last edited: