Audio Files in N64 Rom

Phyltre

Is it possible to extract (or sample or dump, etc) a particular audio-file thing from a n64 rom? I am trying to make an mp3 (or wav, or wma...) out of a particular audio on a working Turok 2 rom. Is this possible? And if so, what are the steps?

If you're curious, it's the message you hear upon entering the Flesh Portal for the first time. That always freaked me out, and I desperately would like to have a copy of it on my computer, so I can hear it without actually having the game running (after all, the stage isn't saveable, so once you go past it, you can't listen to it again.

So, do I need software, or a plugin for the emulator, or what?

BTW, I am running Windows XP, Emulator: Nemu.

belmont

I don't think a utility like this exists for n64.
However my sound card software(Creative Recorder) can record the music that plays on the computer.
Have you tried it?

Phyltre

The problem I am running up against is, sRip is not recognizing any .tbl offsets (registering as 0x000000). Is there any workaround for this or other advice? It finds a possible .ctl offset at Nx96D500, but the zero .tbl. ~sigh~ I hope somebody can help, it looks like the rom isn't supported...

Update: After further research, I converted my turok 2 .z64 to a .v64. I then tried the n64Lib.exe application. Message reads No Sound Bank Found. So, that's two ripping programs down...

I now ask a favor. I can supply, upon request, both the Turok2 ROM and a save state that will place you steps away from trigerring the cutscene whose audio I am trying to record. Can anyone here help me by perhaps recording this? My computer isn't up to it, the audio skips constantly (and it was a serious effort to get the thing as far as I did!)

Thanks for all the help, post here and I will either transfer them to you via AIM or through SoulSeek, if you can help.

Jale

There's a way, but it's a bit uncomfortable. Use Jabo's sound plugin and save your track there using Configure Sound Plugin...