• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Daemon Tools 4.0

hagbard

www.daemon-tools.cc

it fixes indeed most or even all blacklists - however, it is STILL a SCSI-Emulator, therefore it's still necessary to remove present IDE-Drives!

To sum it up:
- NO IDE-Jammer atm - we are working on it! No ETA for it - it's done
when it's done!
- ADWARE INCLUDED - you can, however, UNCHECK that ADWARE at installation!

The changelog for V4:

- complete redesign from scratch
- support of 4 virtual drives
- ONLY X32-supported now. X64 will follow
- Drivername randomly generated on each machine (not finished yet)
- Drive-vendor and versionnumber randomly generated
- Complete new emulation architecture
- DCP (DaemonCodeProtect) to make analyses harder and increase development time for malicious anti-DT tools
- Digital signature verification of applications who are trusted to access DT in secure mode
- AutoInsertNotification fully implemented (can be turned on/off at ControlPanel)
- Dropped: MS-Installer, DT now use modificated NullsoftInstaller
- Dropped: analog sound support (as Windows 2000 and above do not need this feature)
- supports all popular copyprotections

Downloads at the offcial site are not currently working, you might get it here

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
FINALLY!!! I can't even remember how many times they delayed this release.

Since Daemon Tools IS an emulator as well as a very important tool for emulators I'll set up a news item right away.

Edit: Done.

Last edited:

mhl12

hm.. interesting, I'll think I'll keep my old version though. That adware thing is making me feel a bit uneasy.

hagbard

It's possible to avoid installing the adware stuff, no problems here about it. On the other hand I recommend to uninstall any previous DT version, although the DT4 installer would ask for removing it. I had a litle problem about that, so I guess it's better to do it first

Last edited: