Sega CD ram save help!

goosethemighty

Hey Guys,

I got Gens, got sega cd roms and bios. Works amazing, no problem getting them to work and run smoothly. Only problem is I can't save. I am sure this has been posted before but I need some help with those who have met my wall.

I read the Gens guide. I set the vurtual ram to 64. Opened the rom. Went into the memory and reformated it all. Opened game and got to a save point. Saved game. Restarted game and yet it told me I had to reformat the memory. Lost saved game. Reformated again and got back to the save point. Saved game and rebooted. Asked to reformat again.

This happened for Lunar silver star and Rise of the dragons. Am I doing something wrong? I followed gens notes and yet It keeps on asking me to format game?

Any sugestions or step bye step guids would be great!!

hagbard

I did it time ago but it worked flawlessly. Make sure you have correctly set the BRAM folder on Gens.

hagbard

bram is Sega CD sram

Options -> Directories -> Bram backup -> select a folder+

Haven't found this problem with Kega though. I prefer this one, as good or even better Genesis/Sega CD/32X/Master System/Game Gear emulator :p

Last edited:

goosethemighty

Hey thanks man. I had no idea about bram. So what do I do in the directory. Should I make a folder called bram or what? I mean I am not sure how to configure or what files to configure them too. should I configure the sram in the directory as well??

hagbard

No problem. Only choose a valid folder in the emulator on the menu I told you before, rename it "bram" for example, the same for the other folders: "sram" to sram data, etc.

goosethemighty

Thanks Hagbard! It works, I can save and now relive the great old days of classic sega cd! You the man.

Quick question though. Gens says that I have to reformat the ram for each game before I can save. If I do this will I lose the saves from different games?? Or can I skip the formatting all together?

hagbard

No, it creates one bram file per game, nevermind. Glad to see it's working btw