Plugins problem

aznxknight

Ok, im using Satourne v1.1p and i read the readme file. It tells me taht i have to do all the plugin stuff but when i do that meaning i choose the plugin and choose the ones they offer, when i click ok a message suddenly pops up and says: This application has failed to start because MSVCR70.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
I do have this dll file in the folder and it just keeps on poping up this message for every plugin choose. The only one that doesn't show that message is the one with SCSP plugin, SCSP_a68k_v1.0.dll .
However, i do not have a rom on my computer yet so that may be the problem. If not, i already installed this application twice and still it doesn't work.
Can anyone help me?
Also, does anyone know if Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (the rom version, not the real cd) is compatable with the Satourne v1.1p?

Thank you very much for responding.

montpics

Firstly, grab two files first.

MSVCR70.DLL
MSVCP70.DLL

Then, place them in 'Windows\System32\' folder and that will solve your popped up problem.

One more thing is that, you'll need to install ASPI driver in order to make this work.

Note : For you info, I found this emulator a little bit a problematic on my PC as if I couldn't load the game. You may try it out if you want. If is still doesn't work, why don't you try SSF as it is best Saturn emulator so far? (For Pentium 4 or Antlon64 users only)

Or perhaps an older version of Satourne? :rolleyes:

Good luck!

aznxknight

Ok, so there is no emulator that lets you play downloaded rom files of Sega Saturn, am i correct?
It seems that Satourne has no way of loading a file from a directory so i'm guessing it doesn't load rom files.

Does anyone know an emulator that i can download that allows me to play the rom files INSTEAD from the cd?

aznxknight

**rom link**

I don't want to download it because if the outcome becomes that i can't play it, i've just wasted 10 hours into it. Yes i have 56k so i can't download it now.
Please can anyone confirm what is inside that rar file? Possibly converted files suitable to play on a saturn emulator? Come to think of it i actually have Dungeons and Dragons 1 and 2 somewhere in my house, i might just try it.

I'd be great if i could play Castlevania: SOTN (the downloaded rom version) on the saturn emulator. Would anybody care to help me to try downloading it and see for yourself?

Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:

montpics

Just buy the game if you're not confident of grabbing it online. :cool:

Oh, don't ever post ROM links.

aznxknight

Heh, oops sorry about that lol.
Ok anyway, um...
Actually, the only reason i wanted to download that specific game was because i just want to try it out. Like i do with other rom games, i delete them within 24 hours. Dat's why it would be a waste of time if i downloaded it and deleted in right after i tried it.
I don't know if it is good so... I would like someone to try it out if it works on any saturn emulator. If it does then i would gladly download it myself and test it out.