Spyware/Viruses

Kelvin742

My virus program found these two things.

Adware-ISTbar.b
Adware-SideFind

My program can't delete, quarantine, or clean the files. What do I do?

mhl12

most antivirus/antispyware programs cannot remove the spyware from your computer. Hijackthis is the only way that I found to be help. Download that program and post your log on one of the many hijackthis forums out there and the people there will help you remove any malware you have.

Kelvin742

My firewall shows this program, prfmrt.exe. I clicked block access, but the windows keeps showing up. Later, I do it again, and the windows shows up a few minutes later, what do I do? It's the same with dsscxpnt.exe

Last edited:

RockY

L H D T P M
If your Antivirus can't clean/delete it... go to SAFE MODE and try to do it from there.

Corey4666

to get into safe mode go to start menu press run then type in msconfig
then click boot.ini where it says boot options click safemode then press apply
then restart computer then it will be in safemode delete the spy shit then click the Run agian msconfig unclick the safeboot then apply then restart computer

by the way hijackthis is a good program and so is spybot search and destroy and there bolth free! not free trial there completly free
download Microsofts anti spyware its free if you have a bought copy of windows

mhl12

I didn't really find Microsoft Antispyware that useful. But I do recommend hijackthis.. that's if you know how to use it.

Kelvin742

I'm using McAfee and Microsoft's Spyware Beta. This is a problem, prfmrt.exe

Last edited:

Kelvin742

I'm using McAfee Personal Firewall Plus. There's a windows that pops up, saying if I wanted to grant or block all access of prfmrt.exe. When I click block, the window comes back again. I keep doing it, but then it returns a few minutes later. What do I do?

Kelvin742

Everytime I turn on my computer, it gives me 2 options to choose. I think this is from the safe mode. How do I stop it?