FINALLY A GUIDE TO EASILY BURN SATURN ISOS

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
After a long search in the net i found this guide out.

HOPE THIS WILL HELP CREATING YOUR OWN GAMES TO PLAY IN SATURN.
THIS IS THE GUIDE

On this screens I have used Nero 6, but you may also use another softwares like Alcohol 120% or the freeware CDBurnerXP Pro (you can found here)
For the Nero 5.5 version it's the same thing than the 6 version, but you have to go in the files menu instead of the save menu

You choose the .cue file

You don't choose Track at once but Disk at once
and you burn to a reasonable speed like x16 or x24

OH SHIT I CAN'T LOAD THE IMAGES CAUSE I CAN'T POST ATTACHMENTS,HEY PEOPLE PLEASE LET ME POST ATTACHMENTS JUST FOR THIS POST .

IT'S CRITICAL PLEASE ADMINISTRATORS ONLY THIS POST.

I hope tomorrow i can post with pictures demonstrating the whole thing.

Last edited:

montpics

Funny, you can upload it on Photobucket or elsewhere and then try to link it. Just what I did below signature. :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I remember that i used something like that a long time ago in this forum when i was having problems with my CASTLEVANIA LEGACY OF DARKNESS IN N64,anyway i 've already forgot it at this time.

Could you tell me a step by step explanation of this PHOTOBUCKET?

It's my first time that i hear about it .

Many thanks in advance.

Well then everybody can create his own games or play them in the emulators in this form.

I WISH I COULD POST A HTML LINK BUT I CAN'T CAUSE THE SITE ALSO CONTAINS A LOT OF GOODIES :)

Last edited:

montpics

You can find some site selection where you want to upload from here.

>CLICK HERE!<

Some of the sites need registration and some is not required at all. After you've done uploading the images to the web, try to link it as

Good luck trying! :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I Guess i will use another way,I WILL TELL YOU WITHOUT PICTURES,it's not the same thing , but i guess who really knows something about emulation and ISOS can figure it out by themself.

OKAY HERE IS MY STEP BY STEP EXPLANATION

1)Download the ISO and extract the files,in a directory (for example i will name it DARIUSGAIDEN and i will take this game as an example)

2)After you download the parts of the ISO,you run the.EXE executive file and it will ask you where to extract all the files,choose the directory you just created DARIUSGAIDEN as directory .(Don't forget to put all your parts of the ISO in the same directory)

3)There should be these files

1 TRACKNO1.ISO which in some times is replaced by the name of the game for example DARIUSGAIDEN.ISO
2 TRACKNO2 UNTIL 16 (there may be more but the game DARIUSGAIDEN has only 16.
If your trackno2 until trackno16 files are .ogg or any other file format REMEMBER TO CONVERT THEM IN .WAV FILES,for ogg files is a program named OGGDROPXP ,for others file formats search at www.bestsearch.com
3 THere should be a cue.cue file which is the most important file of the ISO.

Now after you downloaded the ISO and converted the tracks into .wav files,there should be these files

1 TRACKNO1.ISO
2 TRACKNO2.WAV
UNTIL
TRACKNO16.WAV
3 CUE.CUE
and the one you already have,the ogg files

REMEMBER PUT ALL THESE FILES IN THE SAME DIRECTORY(it's better to create a new directory and name it as you like,this is for not making this thing a whole mess, for e.x create a new directory at the directory DARIUSGAIDEN and name it for e.x DARIUSGAIDENIMAGETOBURN)
Copy the files i mention a few rows up TRACKNO1.ISO all .wav tracks and cue.cue file in this folder.DO NOT COPY ANY OGG FILES,THE ISO WON'T BURN THEN ONLY WAV TRACKS AND TRACKNO1.ISO AND CUE.CUE FILE

Okay once you 've done this this is what you should do by using NERO BURNING ROM 6

1) OPEN it and click CANCEL at the first window.
2) Go to RECORDER and under that tab choose BURN IMAGE.

3)When you browse for a file go to the directory DARIUSGAIDENIMAGETOBURN and select CUE.CUE file

4)Okay last step,at the writing method don't forget to check not track at once but DISC AT ONCE,and write the disc at the minimum possible speed.
(STRONGLY RECOMMENDED)

After you burn the file CUE.CUE you should now have a disc which the name is automatically DARIUS_GAIDEN and you should have all the files of that game which are BOSS FILES SOUND FILES and many other files which the ISO doesn't show.

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP A LITTLE AND ENCOURAGE PEOPLE AT THE SEGA FORUM which is the forum i like most cause i haven't tried still DREAMCAST AND SATURN EMULATION ,i 've tried everything else.

So people now you know how to make your own SATURN GAMES.
REMEMBER YOUR SATURN MUST HAVE A CHIP TO PLAY THIS GAMES.

THIS IS ONE OF MY GREATEST POST ANYWAY :D

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
GRAB DARIUSGAIDEN JUST TO BE OKAY,AND SURE THAT IT WILL WORK
THAT SITE HAS IT :)

montpics

I know that, but it would take a while.

Note : Please don't type in Capital Letters as it seemed you are yelling at me. :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I am not the type that yells to anybody,i am very quiet person who take everything for simple,so i got it.I mean the note you typed.:)

montpics

Just tried on several emulators with a game I grabbed a year ago. That's what I could find out.

SSF
Can't run, as it seemed that I don't have both SSE and SSE2 support for my PC. Too bad.

I could only use the older version to run but with no sound.

Cassini
A Giri Giri Saturn hack, managed to run but having some glitch on graphics.

Satourne
Somehow, I don't know what to do with it. Doh!

Saturnin
Good. But it ran on 8 FPS.

Unless you tell me what did you do on Satourne especially for plugins, then I will test them again. :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I have a post where i am stuck with SATOURNE and no one knows how to handle it,about your question i just CHOOSE THE PLUGINS,SET THE BIOS-ES and the emulator send me some messages i don't understand like

CLOCKCHANGE320 REQUESTED?

Interesting that SATURNIN THING,so how you managed to launch it,in my PC it crashes ,and about that 8FPS thing,maybe you should try a little faster PC,even if you have a very fast,may be it goes to 16FPS,i know it's not a big achievement but it's better than 8FPS,i actually played N64 with 14fps a few months ago,and i was not happy ,but i was not bored either.

So can you tell me a step by step explanation how you've set up SATURNIN?

Many thanks in advance

Hey where to get the older version of SSF ,please a link if it's possible.

Last edited:

montpics

leon_belmont said:
I have a post where i am stuck with SATOURNE and no one knows how to handle it,about your question i just CHOOSE THE PLUGINS,SET THE BIOS-ES and the emulator send me some messages i don't understand like

CLOCKCHANGE320 REQUESTED?
But before you mentioned that, I have a weird message which indicates missing file like MSVRT70.dll something like that. Can't do anything about it, even you try to select it and configure a plugin. :eek:
Interesting that SATURNIN THING,so how you managed to launch it,in my PC it crashes ,and about that 8FPS thing,maybe you should try a little faster PC,even if you have a very fast,may be it goes to 16FPS,i know it's not a big achievement but it's better than 8FPS,i actually played N64 with 14fps a few months ago,and i was not happy ,but i was not bored either.

So can you tell me a step by step explanation how you've set up SATURNIN?
Not really even you have a faster PC, it still resulted like that. Plus there is no much of a problem configuring that, at least you set the BIOS. (And there is a possibility that it needs WNASPI32.dll if I'm not mistaken.)

One more thing, there will in smaller size which can't be in FullScreen.
Hey where to get the older version of SSF ,please a link if it's possible.
You can find it from here.

>CLICK HERE!<

Note : I found the method you mentioned about burning the disc method does not work on my emulator since it failed to detected a Saturn game, only Audio CD. :rolleyes:

Darius Gaiden? Just found out that file is been corrupted, need to grab it again......

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
DARIUS GAIDEN FILES.

0 BIN FILE
BOSS_ANC BIN FILE
BOSS_CRU BIN FILE
BOSS_CUR BIN FILE
BOSS_DEA BIN FILE
BOSS_DOU BIN FILE
BOSS_ELE BIN FILE
BOSS_FAT BIN FILE
BOSS_FOL BIN FILE
BOSS_GRE BIN FILE
BOSS_HYS BIN FILE
BOSS_KIN BIN FILE
BOSS_NEO BIN FILE
BOSS_ODI BIN FILE
BOSS_OGR BIN FILE
BOSS_PRI BIN FILE
BOSS_RIS BIN FILE
BOSS_TIT BIN FILE
BOSS_VER BIN FILE
COM_DEMO BIN FILE
DEMO_PRG BIN FILE
END_DEMO BIN FILE
NBG3 BIN FILE
SOUND BIN FILE
TIT_DEMO BIN FILE
ZONEA_BG BIN FILE
ZONEA_SP BIN FILE
ZONEB_BG BIN FILE
ZONEP_SP BIN FILE
ZONEC_BG BIN FILE
ZONEC_SP BIN FILE
ZONED_BG BIN FILE
ZONED_SP BIN FILE
ZONEE_BG BIN FILE
ZONEE_SP BIN FILE
ZONEF_BG BIN FILE
ZONEF_SP BIN FILE
ZONEG_BG BIN FILE
ZONEG_SP BIN FILE
ZONEH_BG BIN FILE
ZONEH_SP BIN FILE
ZONEI_BG BIN FILE
ZONEI_SP BIN FILE
ZONEJ_BG BIN FILE
ZONEJ_SP BIN FILE
ZONEK_BG BIN FILE
ZONEK_SP BIN FILE
ZONEL_BG BIN FILE
ZONEL_SP BIN FILE
ZONEM_BG BIN FILE
ZONEM_SP BIN FILE
ZONEN_BG BIN FILE
ZONEN_SP BIN FILE
ZONEO_SP BIN FILE
ZONEP_BG BIN FILE
ZONEP_SP BIN FILE
ZONEQ_BG BIN FILE
ZONEQ_SP BIN FILE
ZONER_BG BIN FILE
ZONER_SP BIN FILE
ZONES_BG BIN FILE
ZONES_SP BIN FILE
ZONET_BG BIN FILE
ZONET_SP BIN FILE
ZONEU_SP BIN FILE
ZONEV2_BG BIN FILE
ZONEV2_SP BIN FILE
ZONEV_BG BIN FILE
ZONEV_SP BIN FILE
ZONEW_BG BIN FILE
ZONEW_SP BIN FILE
ZONEX_BG BIN FILE
ZONEX_SP BIN FILE
ZONEY_BG BIN FILE
ZONEY_SP BIN FILE
ZONEZ2_BG BIN FILE
ZONEZ2_SP BIN FILE
ZONEZ_BG BIN FILE
ZONEZ_SP BIN FILE

So these are all the files of my disc which are a total of 79 FILES and 330MB
The disc according to the files seems correct,and the name is automatically DARIUS_GAIDEN
At least my cd rom reads like this DARIUS_GAIDEN (E:)

Thanks for the link.

Though i don't know why the emu does not recognize this game,it's a bug of the emu you are using
When i burned it like the instructions i had no problem making it.At a real SATURN with a CHIP it works.
I don't know about the emus though.I haven't tried out still.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
About that dll file you miss you can get it from www.dlldump.com

You also need the winaspi32.dll for the CD ROM PLUGIN

I am talking about SATOURNE,anyway i am waiting the next version 2.0 which is being prepared to be much better than the actual version.

I don't know what to tell about the BURNING METHOD,just burn a ISO (DARIUS GAIDEN) and tell me if your files of the disc are the same of my disc.

montpics

Round 3 reports :
It finally works, tested on Silhoutte Mirage and the other one.

Using.....
SSF 0.06
Saturnin
Cassini

You need to change the region from Japan to Europe to make it work.

Still trying.....
Satourne (It managed to detect, but somehow something weird as it failed to play the game.)

Note : Actually, I didn't burn, only mounting for the first place. You'll never know what would happen unless you make a preparation for it. :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Totally my fault , i didn't tell here that the ISOS at the site i download were only for EUROPEAN SATURNS,well i am glad they work,at least this is something.Man i will get that 0.06 version and try out just now.

montpics

Round 4 reports (Could be final)
Still trying on Satourne (using the older version since the latest one didn't work), no matter how many times I'd try, it'll end up showing 'Loading' sign and freeze in the end. (Using ISO plugin)

I could guess that it is mainly CD plugin faulty that cause all the mess. Anyway though will wait for Satourne 2.0 since I can't use the latest version of SSF which required SSE2. :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I can't use even SSF older version,i got a message which from i don't understand a damn thing,my PC support MMX and SSE which the old version said my PC need.I have the BIOS,i have WINASPI32.DLL,so what the hell is wrong with my PC:mad: ??????

That really sucks man , but i will see what SATOURNE 2.0 has in serve for me.

It's a good thing that this emu ,contiues to develop,i guess at version 3 or 4 it will be a connectix with plugins,at least i hope so:)

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
So how i am supposed to do that? I tried and just renamed it like this

boot.rom
.BIN file

I know that i have done it wrong,so please montpics please tell me as i don't know a damn thing about this rename
:confused:

Many thanks man