Logitech Dual Action

Osaka

So I finally bought a controller for all my emulating purposes. I opted for the Logitech Dual Action pad because of its feel mostly and also because I'll be needing analogue for N64 emulations.

It works for programs that allow you to toggle/input diagonals (ex. up/right; down/left) such as MAME en snes9x. It doesn't work for SHIT however in programs that don't allow this such as GENS (genesis emu) Up, down, left, and right don't work for shit because everytime you even brush another direction it doesn't do shit.

The funny thing is...it does work perfectly for GBA emulator even though this doesn't allow for any diagonal config. Tried Golden Sun as well as Aria of Sorrow.

Has anybody else had this problem? And what should I do? Do you think exchanging it for a controller that has a real four way pad ( with 4 seperate buttons such as playstation pad...so you can make sure you push down and down alone) will do any good? Or should I solve this in another way?

I must say that I find the D-pad to be extremely sensitive and it's hard to push the exact direction with this...=S Maybe I'm exagerating cause I've had some great Super SWIV sessions...but in other games the sensitivity and minuscule room for error were annoying.

Please google for image so you can see what I mean. the D-pad is one big circle instead of 4 buttons. Thx

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I never had any problems with Gens using gamepads so you might want to play with the configuration a bit more until you get it right.

As for your comment about the D-pad being sensitive all I can say is that it's a matter of getting used to it. I've used several sensitive pads and all I needed was some time to get used to it.

InTheZoneAC

the dual action has worked for me in any pc game/emulator(snes9x/9k/zsnes,jnes,gens,visual boy advance, pj64, pj64k, mame, mame32k, epsxe1.52/1.6, psxeven and as for pc games it works with every game that supports controllers) I do HATE the dpad on this controller. You have to push it 100% accurately or anything 1 degree off will set it to a different direction. I am looking for an adapter that'll allow me to use my ps2 dualshock 2 or wireless logitech cordless action controller

hagbard

The PS2 to PC USB adapter it's the best solution for me, cheap and work flawlessly.

Zach

I hate D-pads that are one solid piece.

My gravis gamepad used to piss me off to NO END back before I got a PSX adapter for my PC

DtSnazzySniff

I hated the D-Pad on the Logitech too, I always ended up pressing the angles instead of the directional. The D-Pad on the NyKo Air-Flo I bought is great, but the analog sticks are really insensitive. I just can't win...

InTheZoneAC

DualShock 2 or Logitech Cordless Action, both dpad/analog sticks work the best. Out of the two the dualshock has a better dpad and the logitech has better analog sticks.