TI99 emulator maxing-out CPU

shiznannigan

Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, I'm kinda new here.

I recently acquired "Classic99", a TI99/4a emulator. It appeard to be working fine for ten minutes, until my laptop shut off abruptly. Aparrently, in my nostalgic euphoria, I failed to notice that this emulator maxes out my processor, to the point of overheating. I'm talkin' 100% CPU usage as long as that emulator is running. Anyone else heard of this problem? Any reccomendations?

FWIW, my laptop is a 2.2Ghz P4 with 512MB of Ram.... I would think that's plenty to handle an emulation of a system that had the processing power of a Maglight.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
I'm not trying to be mean(which I usualy am)
But whats the point of a TI emulator?
Seriously, I mean come on, isn't a computer just a big and fancy caulculator anyways?

onewecallgod

100% CPU usage is nothing.... all the emulators i've used (zsnes, epsxe, p64) all loaded my cpu up to 100%, even when idle. hell, bootup of windows is about full load....

how long before it overheats?

shiznannigan

The cooling fan went to full blast within 10 seconds of starting the program, and the computer overheated and shutoff within 5-10 minutes. I've seen programs take up 100% of the CPU before, but it usually just spikes that high. When I run the TI emulator, it goes up there and stays there until I close the program. It doesn't even get close to doing this for my NES and SNES emulators.

Any ideas? Anyone?

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
ticktock said:
I'm not trying to be mean(which I usualy am)
But whats the point of a TI emulator?
Seriously, I mean come on, isn't a computer just a big and fancy caulculator anyways?

Ok now I'm going to be mean, Why? If it makes your computer explode, Someone is trying to tell you theres no point to having a TI-Emulator
no games are worth it,
do you have windows?
click Start
go to programs
go to accessories
click calulator
Click view
Click scientific
Now you have a your Damn Scientific Calculator
No need for an emulator!
You can find games like block dude, in color, using google

montpics

ticktock, don't try to flame if you don't like it. Someone take it as nostalgia as they like it in their times, same with the very idea on console/handheld games.

Furthermore there are some emulators about it as well. ;)
>CLICK HERE!<

Zach

By the way

The Ti99/4a IS a fucking computer, not a calculator.

God, do your homework before flaming, son

f7_3.JPG

Last edited: