How to get MAME running at 100%

M.H.A.Q.S.

Is there any way to run MAME at 100%, if you have a pentium 1, 233MHz and 4mb vga.

RockY

L H D T P M
sure it does
I played galaga with 64 mb ram
but for Street Fighter Alpha 3 I used 192 MB

Mourgos

I used to play Metal Slug 3 on a Celeron 500Mhz with 256Mbyte RAM and a Viper2 graphics card and the fps was still too low.Ofcourse it depends on the game you're emulating but still a Pentium seems too slow for the majority of games.

El Fugitivo

Originally posted by Mourgos@Jan 24 2004, 12:11 PM
I used to play Metal Slug 3 on a Celeron 500Mhz with 256Mbyte RAM and a Viper2 graphics card and the fps was still too low.Ofcourse it depends on the game you're emulating but still a Pentium seems too slow for the majority of games.
Of course that's not going to run Metal Slug 3 very well. Quit complaining, this compaq I'm using right now has 56mb of ram, a 450mhz processor, and an onboard video card with roughly 4mb of memory.

Mourgos

Of course that's not going to run Metal Slug 3 very well. Quit complaining, this compaq I'm using right now has 56mb of ram, a 450mhz processor, and an onboard video card with roughly 4mb of memory.

You really made me pity you . :unsure:

M.H.A.Q.S.

I'm running Metal Slug 5 with 48fps on a 233Mhz Intel Pentium MMX. It has 64MB RAM (DIMs) and 4mb vga (S3). I decreased the sound from 44Khz to 22Khz in order to attain some speed.