Emulator Needed?

sprstock

I am currently running W2K and am considering upgrading to XP, but before anything, I need to solve a problem dating back to my switch from Windows 98 to W2K. While using Windows 98 I purchased software that would run on that system, the most important, to me, being Pagis Pro Scanning Suite. I scanned thousands of pages, saving them onto CD's in the software's native format (.xif) and discarding the hardcopies. Well, along comes W2K and I upgraded to Pagis Pro Millennium, it being advertised as W2K compatible. I had problems with it, which apparently many others did also, as it was withdrawn from the market and support suspended. I still try to use Pagis to access these pages, as I no longer have the hardcopies, but the software is still pretty unstable and unreliable.

I would like to still be able to use this software, as in W98 it was a very good product, but most of all, I would like to regain reliable access to my files. I don't know whether there is even such a thing as a W98 emulator that one could use in W2K and/or XP. This would appear to be the easiest solution that would allow me to use this once useful software and to access all those files reliably.

I've thought about installing a second operating system (W98) and booting up in it to be able to access these files, but then transferring them across operating systems to use them in my normal OS (W2K) would seem to solve nothing.

Any help or suggestions?

Last edited:

Robert

XP has a compatibility mode in the properties.
As I don't have XP (banned in my house), I can't say how good it works.

montpics

Might considering dualboot method it that program doesn't work well on WinXP if I am you. :rolleyes:

Plus, there is no emulator that could do that, except DOS programmes......

Last edited: