Choosing a Pocket PC

Doom972

I plan to buy a Pocket PC and I want to be able to run the PocketGBA and PocketNES on it.
What system requirements do the emulators have to run smoothly and what can you recommend me to run them on?

Doom972

Looking at the thread currently above mine I see that violations of the forum rules get more replies...

Has anybody ever tried those emulators?

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Some people are just too eager to play the role of the moderator I guess... <_<

Anyway, now to your question that I completely missed. If you plan to buy a Pocket PC and have in mind to run emulators my only suggestion is to get the most powerful that you can afford. That way you will also be covered for any future systems as well.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
Looking at the thread currently above mine I see that violations of the forum rules get more replies...
we cant awnser what we dont know, most of dont have pocket PCs

shiznannigan

I have an HP iPAQ 4350 that does fine with PocketNester. It's about a year and a half old, but still nice (400mhz, 64mb Ram). I don't see any reason that a PPC with even half that couldn't run an NES emulator. Almost anything you buy new should be able to handle it, but I agree that you should get the best you can afford, as there are a lot of non-retro games that will demand more speed and memory, and are really very entertaining.