PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite SEGA console?

belmont
January 23rd, 2004, 22:48
Since SEGA has stopped making consoles I think it is a good idea to discuss about it's ... legendary consoles!

Which SEGA console do you prefer?

I used to have Game Gear and Mega Drive/Genesis.
I loved both of them.
I always wanted a Saturn and a Dreamcast but never bought them.

My favourite one is Game Gear since it is a console I grew up with and really liked it's platform games.

What do you think?

Codeine
January 23rd, 2004, 22:59
Dreamcast: it contains so many of my favorite games.
Shenmue
Jet Grind Radio
Crazy Taxi
Sonic Adventure

Robzilla
January 24th, 2004, 00:01
Sega Master System...

I loved that built in snail maze game.

Mourgos
January 24th, 2004, 00:36
I always liked Sega Mega Drive best for games like:Sonic2,Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 etc

I also owned Game Gear.It was good but it needed too many batteries to play.I never got to finish Ristar on it.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 24th, 2004, 07:55
Mega Drive and Dreamcast, I never got to play Saturn as it never appeared in our country (I mean it was rare).

Hiroshi
January 24th, 2004, 16:45
Only ever had a Sega Master System and still do. Having an in-built game (Alex the Kid) was a nice feature in my early days.
Has some of my Fav games too: Sonic the Hedgehog, Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat, Action Rider and Wonder Boy.

Will probably get a Dreamcast in April just to play Soul Calibur and maybe some others.

Medion
February 7th, 2004, 21:27
The best has to be the Sega Megadrive (aka Genesis). It had tons of classics, such as Golden Axe, Shining Force, Road Rash, Sonic (obviously) and many others.

Also I think the Sega Mega-CD (aka Sega CD) is much better than most people give it credit for. It too and lots of classics :-

To name a few...

- Lunar : The Silver Star
- Lunar : Eternal Blue
- Sonic CD
- Shining Force CD
- Road Rash CD

I also love all the other Sega consoles, but the Megadrive and the Mega-CD were my favourite.