Game Speed = Too Fast - All NES Emu's

HuddaDudda

It seems all the NES emulators I run on my p4 3.2ghz, radeon 9800 pro, 1gb ram running on Xp the games play too fast. I have tried fceu, rocknes, virtualnes and still not luck. VirtualNes did have a throtle section however still doesnt help. What sould I do? Seems like all the games I run and not matter whatl emus I use they play just way too fast to play. Any advise on what one to use and how to use it to slow these down? Or how to slow down fceu? Please help old mighty emu gurus.

HuddaDudda

No One? It appears its not just related to my HTPC - I tried a Dell, Alienware Laptop and a home buildt machine which are all running fast. I also tried a couple other emulators - whats the deal? I am sure I am not the only one with this issue? Not when using other computer which do the same thing. Could this be a windows related thing?

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
try the FCE NES, if that doenst work comeback again

HuddaDudda

ticktock said:
try the FCE NES, if that doenst work comeback again

As I stated above I already did try it and on 4 machines! Both boxes are unchecked in the "timing" section and left the other two settings a 9.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
sorry man, i got a high end machine too, but i never had a problem, just make sure you downloaded the latest versions and try the NEStickle for the names sake on the main page
www.emulator-zone.com
but just relax and dont let this tear you apart

HuddaDudda

Super Mario & Punchout

I made another post about the fact every NES emulator I have tried seemed to be running fast. I tried it on 4 different machines and was thinking this was true because when playing Super Mario or Mike Tyson Punchout the clock timers were running around 2-3 for every second. Maybe this was the way the original games were and my emualtor is working fine and not running fast? On Punchout it seems that a 3 min round it really clocked about 1:30 minute and seconds at this speed.Would someone mind trying this on their machine and see if they have the same results and post back? Just wondering if this is right or if I am running fast.

HuddaDudda

I made another post about the fact every NES emulator I have tried seemed to be running fast. I tried it on 4 different machines and was thinking this was true because when playing Super Mario or Mike Tyson Punchout the clock timers were running around 2-3 for every second. Maybe this was the way the original games were and my emualtor is working fine and not running fast? On Punchout it seems that a 3 min round it really clocked about 1:30 minute and seconds at this speed.Would someone mind trying this on their machine and see if they have the same results and post back? Just wondering if this is right or if I am running fast.

montpics

Re: Super Mario & Punchout

I don't have Mike Tyson's Punch Out but I tried Super Mario Bros last night.

Conclusion? It IS perfectly normal as it is supposed to be that fast. It didn't counted as seconds as you expected. So, you have to use the time wisely to finish your goal in every level.

As for the other one, I could expect that game is also the same as Super Mario Bros as the time would never tend to be a normal. Developers mostly want to make it more challenging and entertaining by fasting the timer.

So, again. Those are PERFECTLY normal. :cool:

Edit : Merged with familiar thread.

Last edited:

HuddaDudda

Montpics - Thank you for checking. I also did some checking of my own - I tested Excitebike and Tecmo Bowl against my original NES versions and indeed they seems to be the same. It just seemed that the Mario timer was too fast - but the timers for Excitebike and Tecmo Bowl are fine when playing on the computer. Thanks again for your help, I paniced because the Mario was going faster then I remember.