• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Working PSP Downgrader {2.00-->1.50}

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
Yes a WORKING Downgrader as been realesed by an author called MPH. i have uploaded all the needed files for the downgrade process. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH 1.51/1.52!! you NEED to upgrade to 2.00 then downgrade.

HERE is a link to a tutorial for using the downgrader.
If you don't understand that tutorial then you don't deserve to live.

after you have upgraded to 1.5 you can play homebrew play pirated games(cuz you all know you will) and whatever else sony doesn't want you to do.

here is the link to the MPH downgrader
*LINK*

here is the link to the 1.5 EBOOT you need to downgrade.
*LINK*

here is the link to the 2.00 EBOOT for the 1.51/1.52 users/shmucks.
*LINK*

Last edited:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
it's homebrew so yes it legal. sony can't do anything about it since HOMEBREW is not illegal.

Last edited:

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
i thought it'd be a good idea to post the instructions for it

I've used this program myself and I can say that it is safe and it does work, IF you follow the directions. To remove it from the 28 pages that the other thread is currently sitting at, this will be posted at the top of all forums. Please direct all questions to either this thread or the Homebrew thread that will be joining it as needed. Thanks.

Downgrading from 2.0 to 1.5

The following two files are necessary...use any of the mirrors as needed.
http://www.omlette.net/psp/MPHDowngrader.zip
http://www.omlette.net/psp/EBOOT_1.50.zip

http://www.3lzes.net/elz-dev/files/MPHDowngrader.zip

Others are available if you search.

This will ONLY WORK on a 2.0.

1) You need to unzip the files MPHDowngrader.zip and EBOOT_1.50.zip. Use a program such as WinRAR, 7Zip, or WinZip (check Google). Once they are unzipped, you're ready to begin.

2) Set up a USB connection with your PSP and your computer.

3) Once the connection is set up, open up My Computer and browse to the removable disk that is your PSP. You'll need to set a few things up here.

4) When you first double click to open up the PSP on your computer, you'll be in what's called the root menu. There will be a PSP folder showing if you are in the right place.

5) Copy over to your PSP the following files to THIS location in the root folder...NOT in the PSP folder or any other folder. Index.dat and h.bin should both be in your root directory.

6) Once this is done, open up the PSP folder and then open up the Photo folder. Here, you will copy overflow.tif over, keeping it in the Photo directory and not a sub directory.

7) Now, go back to the PSP directory and go into the Game directory. If there is not already, create a folder called UPDATE. It MUST be called UPDATE and nothing else.

8) Open up the new UPDATE folder and then copy EBOOT.PBP into this folder from your computer. Once all of this is done, you're ready to downgrade. So far, so good.

Double check that you followed the above instructions before continuing.

Good.

9) Now, disconnect the USB connection from the computer and plug the AC adapter into the PSP. As with all upgrades, you must have a certain percentage of battery life as well as the AC adapter plugged in, or this will not work.

10) Go to the Photo icon on your PSP and scroll through the pictures to get to overflow.tif. You do NOT have to press anything. It will start automatically. Two strings of letters/numbers will appear. This is normal and good.

11) Wait AT LEAST 30 SECONDS and then turn off your PSP by holding the power button up until it fully shuts down. Then, start your PSP again.

12) You will now go over to the Game icon and scroll down to memory stick. Select it and you should see the 1.5 update.

13) Select it and start it up. Go through it as you've done before with your 2.0 update and follow the prompts. When the update reaches 99% it will crash and show an error. THIS IS OKAY. DO NOT PANIC. Once again press the power switch up until it fully turns off.

14) Now, turn the PSP back on. You will get another error. Just press the "O" button and it will restart after rebuilding the system data. Then just set it up as you did when you first got your PSP and you have a brand new 1.5 PSP. Be responsible with it.

If you have any concerns, please check this again before going elsewhere due to being extremely busy. Good luck and be careful with this.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
exactly. thats why i didn't even bother posting them when i could just post a link to them.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
onewecallgod said:
is this even legal?
Running homebrew games/programs should be fine but the whole downgrading process is not going to be something that Sony will like. The whole v2.0 upgrade was to add new features and stop people from running homebrew software after all.

onewecallgod

Lefteris_D said:
The whole downgrading process is not going to be something that Sony will like. The whole v2.0 upgrade was to add new features and stop people from running homebrew software after all.
thats my reasoning for questioning the legality of this. considering that modchips are illegal in the UK....

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
exactly. thats why i didn't even bother posting them when i could just post a link to them.
you know how things are on the internet, things can be deleted, and i always get pissed off at broken links

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
ticktock said:
you know how things are on the internet, things can be deleted, and i always get pissed off at broken links

lol well true but i doubt it'll be deleted any time soon.

now doesn't matter if sony doesn't like it they can't really do anything about it since it is homebrew and homebrew is not illegal. the only way this can turn into illegal software is if they pass a law stateing that homebrew is now illegal. so download, downgrade and enjoy your 1.5 PSP.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Sony are working on a new firmware which was predictable that will fix the bug. Probably come out with a big release maybe GTA LCS to force people to upgrade if they want to play the game. After a few months tinkering that firmware will be crackered and the cycle will be all over again.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
i really hope that they don't release the new firmware with GTA:LCS cuz that may be the 1 game i buy. and if they DO release it with a new firmware then i'll try to get the 2 gig stick to play with nothing ripped out of it. becuase I would NEVER upgrade.