Playing NFL Blitz 2000 in mame

josape

Is possible to play this game in mame. In my computer, the speed of the game is too low (P4 2GHz)
Can somebody explainme some tips to acceletare the game?

aaronstc

I had trouble like that with Double Dragon and supposedly thats just the way it is. Maybe its the same thing.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Use MAME32...and use normal settings for each game. Set your desktop resolution below 1024x768. The sound is also a problem.

So try different settings, some games are slow and incompatible with MAME, so try a different version.

echo1434

I'm having the same problem. I was wondering if anyone else could confirm this a computer-based thing or if it's just an emulation problem. I spent a good few days downloading the CHD files to the original, '99, and 2000 versions of Blitz, only to find they all play very choppy and slow, far too much to be enjoyable when played. The sound is also very echoey.

I used to also have this problem with games like Double Dragon and NBA Jam, but they went away when I downloaded the latest version of MAME32. I'm running on Intel 3.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, a reasonably fast hard drive, etc., so could this really be too slow? It seems doubtful to me, but then again I'm not really into hardcore modern gaming. All of the games I've played on my computer have only dependent on matching technology of the early '90s and before. ;)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or clues as to what's wrong here.

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
There is nothing wrong with your PC or the emulation. These games are just really slow. It was once stated on the MAME forum that you would probably need a 6 or 8 Ghz processor to emulate them at full speed.