Last movie in theaters you saw?

Robzilla

Last movie I saw in theaters was Pirate of the Caribbean. I thought it really was going to suck, I was caught off guard. First good movie in a few years where I thought the movie sucked.

Rating: Good Story, Great Musical Score. 8/10

P.S. I need to go see another movie, someone recommend something!

J

Jet Set Willy

So did I. I took my mother to see it. She cried at the end. I admit that I was choked up in parts, especially when Sam was carrying Frodo up the mountain. The acting often makes up for the parts which Peter Jackson otherwise broke. Then again, some of the actors are just terrible - a lot of orcs overact to the point that it makes the scene seem like a pantomime. I'm also still upset about them cutting "The Scouring of the Shire" out from the film.

I enjoyed Pirates. Probably wouldn't have liked it if Depp wasn't in it. He's a top class actor.

Robzilla

Haven't seen ROTK...

I don't think Pirates would have been good without Depp, I don't think anyone could have pulled off Captain Jack Sparrow any better. Especially since it was Depp's idea to add a little Keith Richards into him.

El Fugitivo

Just saw Big Fish last night. I thought it was great. It really exemplifies how Burton can take all these weird, seemingly frightening or unsettling people, places, and things, and still give us a heartfelt optimistic MGM ending.

belmont

The last movie I saw was The Return Of The King.
I didn't like it as much as I liked the previous one.

El Fugitivo

I also saw Cold Mountain a week ago. Superb film, with great acting by just about everyone. The main story is decent, but what really makes it good are all the little vignettes that Jude Law's character finds himself a part of along the way. My favorites were the ferryboat scene with Jena Malone (from Donnie Darko) and the scene with Natalie Portman (which parallels the opening battle sequence), although Phillip Seymour Hoffman was excellent, as was that huge kid from Remember The Titans and I believe Varsity Blues and just about any other recent film with an extremely obese teenager in it.

donkeyknob

my mate and his girlfriend and her friend dragged me to see honey. most boring shit i ever saw. to pay him back, i made my mate come with me and my bros to see spy kids 3-D. now thats an awesome movie :blink:

apocalypse835

Mine was Return Of The King. It is the best of the three. I'm seeing Underworld soon.

Robzilla

Originally posted by DJ Beefzibit@Jan 18 2004, 06:37 PM
my mate and his girlfriend and her friend dragged me to see honey. most boring shit i ever saw. to pay him back, i made my mate come with me and my bros to see spy kids 3-D. now thats an awesome movie :blink:
Paybacks a bitch isn't it?

donkeyknob

i enjoyed spy kids more then honey. cept my 3-D glasses didnt work as good as they is ment to. and let it be known that ALL of the actors involved in that movie will never make another

Zidane

Social Hazzard
ROTK long and had a great ending

Gimli is the best Dwarf character ive ever seen and I play alot of D&D.

Splize

wait let me get things strait in the end when they went on that boat did they like go to heaven or something?

El Fugitivo

I think that's right. They went to the place (island?) where elves go instead of dying. More like the Norse Valhalla or Arthurian Avalon than Heaven, I think.

hitmonlee

last movie i saw was return of the king

before that probably the third matrix (which i hated) or priates of the carribean, which i enjoyed, but yeah i agree, without johnny it would have been nothing.

orlando isn't the same when he is not an elf :)

Hiroshi

Last movie I watched was The Return of the King. Still prefer movie 1 over the other 2.

hitmonlee

i liked the second one better also

i'm like that with a few trilogy's though...
austin powers
star wars

not matrix though :lol: