iDeaS emulator BIG prob.

tito0909

Ok I downloaded some roms for Nintendo DS, and my problem is that I can't find a working emulator or a way to make them work :dry: . So, I downloaded iDeaS emulator for DS, I click on File/Open/Super Mario 64 DS
Then... Nothing happens! No image, so signs that the game is working, nothing! Plz I need help! :happy:

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
A working Nintendo DS emulator does not exist as far as i know. The system itself as im sure you're aware or should be uses a touch screen which is impossible to emulate.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
personally i think you wasted your time, there are no good DS emulators out yet, just wait a few months for one, sorry

Robert

The touch screen has been emulated by pointing the mouse at the spot.

However none of the emulators plays commercial games at this time.

Buy a real DS, they are not that expensive.

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
They emulated it? Crazy ass bastards, I wonder when they'll actually get it up and running with games.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
im giving it 7 months for a beta that runs about 3 commercial games (probaly 2 horrible titles and the metriod demo)

Saq

compared to the GBA, there was minimal to emulate for the creator to cope with. But NDS emulation is x3 more longer than the GBA emulation. Therefore times how long it took for decent games to run on VBA and the date the first gba emulator ran properly, and you'll have your average answer on when you can expect to run quite a few games. Maths is good for some things.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Theres an official emulator leaked online that was made by nintendo i think its called something like enstania, i cant remember. Someone ask why it wasnt on the downloads page and one of the admins/mod said it was due to the emulator be leaked.

Last edited:

hagbard

The homebrew DS emulators authors said don't want to emulate real DS Roms by now.

Robert

The leaked one is called Ensata, and works best with officially-released demos made by Nintendo. (not surprisingly). The ones that came from E3 are a good start.