make roms?

J

Jet Set Willy

Concentrate.

You can not play Playstation 2 games with an emulator on your PC. It doesn't matter what format the game disc is in - carve it into a block of wood if you must - it won't run on any hardware bar the Playstation 2 itself.

Robzilla

Last time I checked there was no such thing as a Playstation 2 rom...

suckthismeat

even at that it would be as simple as telling WinISO to do a sector type read on the PS 2 disc and make an image... right?

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by Robzilla@Jan 17 2004, 05:32 PM
Last time I checked there was no such thing as a Playstation 2 rom...
FALSE

Anyone can make a PS2 rom, running it on your PC is a whole different story.

Robzilla

Not False, just disguised truth.

That and the fact that noone I know, or anyone in the emulation community called PS2 images ROMS. That's usally saved for the old generation console, and arcade images.

What I should have said was"Last time I checked, noone called ps2 images ROMS" excuse me for my ignorance.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Oh, I took your correction of identification as stupidity.

Yes, you should have said that. That makes your sentence clear, anyone reading your original response would think you meant exactly what I thought you meant.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
To avoid such strugles let's just call Playstation disk images as "Playstation Roms". We will provide the definition to each person asking at every thread.

Problem solved.

El Fugitivo

We're going to call them something that we know to be incorrect so as not to confuse people who know nothing about the subject. That makes no sense.

M.H.A.Q.S.

It is a confusion for some people, so calling them ISOs or Images is much better.