PDA

View Full Version : SSF some Q&A needed

Bluedawn
September 6th, 2005, 21:06
I downloaded SSF and I'm trying to play my Old Sega Saturn games with it but it dosent work I put the game in the drive and i cant get it to work can some one tell me what im doing wrong?

hagbard
September 7th, 2005, 17:18
1) First of all your CPU must have SSE2 instructions implemented. You might know it running CPU-Z (www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php)

2) Next you might have the Saturn Bios, use Google to get it. Then you have to locate it on "Options" -> "Bios" -> "Browse" to find it. Now you should see the Saturn load & config menus.

3) SSF needs a way to use the CD/DVD-ROM Drives, either real or virtual (emulated or mounted ISOs). Install Adaptec's ASPI (I strongly recommend ForceASPI (http://members.fortunecity.com/forceaspi18/)), or use IOCTRL/SPTI (Windows 2k/XP only) feature: "Option" -> "Option" -> "Program1" tab -> check "Use I/O Control" box.

4) You might change the region settings on "Option" -> "Option" -> "Area Code" combo box.

Bluedawn
September 7th, 2005, 19:55
Ok I got it figured out It was the bios i didnt have them set right thanks

Alkaiser
September 9th, 2005, 03:06
You actually got this emulator working?

I managed to get to the bios screen but even so the fps was terrible.

hagbard
September 10th, 2005, 00:58
Actually it needs a very fast CPU & GPU. Looks to be faster on Athlon 4 CPUs btw

leon_belmont
October 21st, 2005, 17:45
My computer don't support SSE2,instructions,only MMX and SSE what should i do in this case HAGBARD?My pc is 1.8GHZ 512RAM and a 128MB graphic card.

Thanks in advance.