Are there any gba emulators for the Dreamcast?

someone

My question is "Are there any GBA emulators for the Dreamcast?" I have seen GBC and even SNES emulators, but not GBA emulators. Why is that?

Thanks for your time,
Someone

J

Jet Set Willy

I guess that nobody has had the inclination to write or port a GBA emulator to the Dreamcast. Even a couple of Playstation emulators exist for the dreamcast, so it's probably possible considering the hardware.

Medion

My question is "Are there any GBA emulators for the Dreamcast?"
The Dreamcast has an excellent GB/GBC emulator, but sadly no GBA emu.

I have seen GBC and even SNES emulators, but not GBA emulators. Why is that?
The reason for this is that the GBA is a 32-bit system which requires considerably more resources than the Dreamcast has. One of the main problems is that the DC only has 16mb ram, which simply isn't enough.
Take for instance the SNES. This is a 16-bit console and the Dreamcast can't even emulate that at 100% full speed, so 32-bit consoles have got no chance.

M.H.A.Q.S.

I guess that nobody has had the inclination to write or port a GBA emulator to the Dreamcast. Even a couple of Playstation emulators exist for the dreamcast, so it's probably possible considering the hardware.

But if people like Waz can help it, you may see a GBA emu soon.

Medion

Because of hardware limitations this is not possible.
At least that is to say it isn't possible to create a GBA emulator for DC which could run games at a playable speed. It couldnt possibly be even nearly as fast as would be needed.
Certainly a GBA emu would be possible, but not one that could run commercial games. The best you could hope for is an emu that could run a few extremely basic PD roms.