Hurricane Katrina

donkeyknob

australias in a drought.... not that anyone (especially the sydney residents, who are being hit worst by the drought) gives a shit

TGS

onewecallgod said:
thats what you get for living in a port city thats under sea level

Doesn't really matter if your dykes are strong enough.

Splize

Yeah so get this bush cut the budget on those dykes, like 6 billion dollar. As well I think some parts of it werent functioning properly.

It killed me when Kanye said "George Bush dosn't care about black people." On live television. Hahaha they couldnt edit the shit out.

TGS

Chris Tucker's response was priceless.

hitmonlee

donkeyknob said:
australias in a drought.... not that anyone (especially the sydney residents, who are being hit worst by the drought) gives a shit

hey i didn't know this
a drought in spring?

i've been watching footage on cable all weekend
fucking crazy
i'm sad i won't get to see new orleans, my friend and i were planning a trip overseas and that was one of our stops :/

Zach

chewbaca said:
What did Tucker say?

It was the look on his face

As for cutting money to the dykes, where is the info?
The last time I heard it was a financial decision by the CITY to not make a stronger dyke. Which indicates they could have, but didn't want to pay for it.

Everyone is so intent on blaming the president, but they seem to forget about their city and state; you know, the people who WEREN'T on TV or sending messages to congress saying that they needed help to get people out ???

/So after some digging it seems money was cut from the engineering projects to keep the dykes at current level. Interesting note, congress slashed the budget further than the president had even proposed to do.. Also interesting, is that the dyked were only built to withstand a category 3 as far as I've heard. Even if they had the money to keep them at their present level, it still wouldn't have mattered.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Cuba offered to help(send doctors) but the US goverment refused. I don't think they should have done that while people are suffering.
Wizzle Waz said:
I believe that this picture is refering to the offensive slang term and not those floods prevention barricades, right?

Last edited:

Zach

Can't seem to google up anything except Wiki news, and I wouldn't exactly trust a site that bills itself as user editable, and provides no reputable news links.. I already went through this with someone over another site who modified their title claiming Bush rejected aid from France, when in fact the article mentioned nothing of it. The actual article title also mentions Germany, which the other article did not.

I'd be hard pressed to believe most of the shit floating around out there these days

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I heard on the news that Afganistan also sent some money but I am unable to find any info. As for the Cuban help offer they played the video of Fidel Castro's offer for help so it has to be real.

Lefteris_D said:
I believe that this picture is refering to the offensive slang term and not those floods prevention barricades, right?

It's not necessarily offensive. I know a lesbian who refers to herself as a dyke all the time.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
All I knew was the "barricades" kind of definition. Your post just made me look it up at dictionary.com(click) when I found the other meaning.

buggesy666

how gives a fuck about wat happened!!!! shit happens, thats life for u