Metal Slug 6

montpics

Here are some new infos from this game.

>CLICK HERE!<

Apparently SNK Playmore try to stick the game to the traditional 2D platform as its predecessors on Atomisware board, not MVS this time.

The demo at the AM Show only allowed for the first stage to be played, but there was a noticeable lack of gameplay slowdown (even against the huge bosses), which is a definite improvement over the outdated MVS platform. There were also some changes with the game's controls. In addition to the A, B, and C buttons that were respectively used for shooting, jumping, and throwing grenades, Metal Slug 6 uses D and E buttons. The D button is used in combination with the A button to do a special close-up attack (which seems to be different from the automatic knife slashes when an enemy is nearby), and it can also be used in combination with the C button to throw away the weapon you're holding, while the E button is used for weapon changing.

One thing is pretty interesting, which is there are two new but familiar characters other than original members of Metal Slug team, which are Marco, Tarma, Fio, and Eri.

929660_20050901_screen012.jpg

929660_20050901_screen010.jpg

Last edited:

hagbard

montpics" said:
Apparently SNK Playmore try to stick the game to the traditional 2D platform as its predecessors on Atomisware board, not MVS this time.
Good news, at east I hope they don't make a "Metal Slug NeoWave" like some other game, you know :D

Also, MVS is officially dead since SSV Special so it's expected thay don't code anything for it. I hope that helps to improve something, slowdowns appart. Hmm, Ralf and Clark, we only miss Heidern (Did someone say this before? ;) :D )

Last edited:

montpics

After months of not making some updates about this upcoming game, I bumped to the site and now it looked good, especially on graphics. Though it still the same as the previous titles for backgrounds and characters.

Here's the main site for the game. :cool:
>CLICK HERE!<

Note : Clark Steel or Clark Still? (As given from the site) :confused:

hagbard

Should be Clark Steel I think, master K got the answer for sure :cool:

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Mmm, although I also like that they didn't switch graphic styles, I also think it's still a bit of a disappointment graphics-wise. Come on, these graphics on Atomiswave... :eek:

hagbard

I also believe the old an great MVS would be far enough for these gfx engine (probably the same)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
hagbard said:
I also believe the old an great MVS would be far enough for these gfx engine (probably the same)
They're trying to evade emulation :D
GREAT GAME...Metal Slug rules!Will they release a PS2/xbox version ?
I think it'll be funny to see it on the mighty PS3,Cell processor and all :msn_wink:

Genome

north west south west
Butters said:
Nevermind :dry:

i think he meant that there are a few to many of them....like a whore who keeps turning the same tricks. i dunno though i like the old school style and i've never played metal slug. i just hear lots of ppl complain about the fact they keep making them.

cloud4004

Not to mention they're all really short... :glare:
I still love it though. I find it hard to hate anything SNK.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Genome you better start playing them,they're great.
I had couple of movies of Metal Slug 6 from TGS 2005,camview but "viewable".Nice game,animation is awesome,although it's just another episode :)

Genome

north west south west
well i havent even touched mame yet. if i do though you can bet i will give it a try. i've really wanted to play them for a while now. i just dont really understand enough about mame yet to start. (like i dont know how big the roms sizes are..or what kind of roms they use.) i promise i will try though:happy: