Super fast agmming laptop cant emulation problems

mk2prince

I just bought a pc gamming laptop pentium 4 3.4hz 1 gig of ram pCI express geforce 6800, it runs mame, zinc, ssf(sega saturn wmu) poorly. i mena my desktop is much slower and runs mame and zinc at full speeds. My laptop runs n64 and psx emu perfectly though. I,m really confused about why other emu's suck on this machine.

montpics

That's pretty normal if you try to compare it between desktop and laptop in which you should know that laptop can't be show as much superior as it would be on desktop. I'm not laptop user but only know of what I could see from my friends'. :rolleyes:

onewecallgod

montpics said:
That's pretty normal if you try to compare it between desktop and laptop in which you should know that laptop can't be show as much superior as it would be on desktop. I'm not laptop user but only know of what I could see from my friends'. :rolleyes:
do you know how to read specs at all? his laptop has 1gb of ram, P4 3.4 w/ HT and a 6800, which makes his laptop more powerful than 90% of desktops in existance. the fact that it happens to be a laptop doesnt mean jack shit. dont give him that "rolleyes" crap, you're very wrong.

maybe you just config'ed the emulators incorrectly?

hagbard

It sounds me a video card drivers problem

montpics

onewecallgod said:
do you know how to read specs at all? his laptop has 1gb of ram, P4 3.4 w/ HT and a 6800, which makes his laptop more powerful than 90% of desktops in existance. the fact that it happens to be a laptop doesnt mean jack shit. dont give him that "rolleyes" crap, you're very wrong.

maybe you just config'ed the emulators incorrectly?
Don't say which is superior between both. Let's say both had the same specs, using one emulator which is good on desktop and the bad on laptop based on the performance.

Laptop is usually not recommended to play any 3D games in my point of view.

Last edited:

onewecallgod

montpics said:
Don't say which is superior between both. Let's say both had the same specs, using one emulator which is good on desktop and the bad on laptop based on the performance.

Laptop is usually not recommended to play any 3D games in my point of view.
doesnt matter. lets say there was a desktop and laptop with identical specs (not going to happen, but hypothetically). because they have the same specs, theres no reason why one would perform better than the other. silicon is silicon, transistors are transistors, they dont care what kind of chasis they're put into

mk2prince

But my laptop is much faster i play pc games great at higher resolusions, me desktop is 3.0 ghz 1gig of ram geforce fx5700, compared to my laptop's 6800 256mn gddr3(1 ghz memory) But i think it might be video because it wide screen and mame seem to run kinda slowish on it.
well its not much to configure, after you unzip it u just set up rom directory, (psx emu has plugins though) My saturn emu runs better on my desktop 3.9 ghz 1 gig of ram geforce fx 5700. After a 10 mins of play it starts to studder sound and video, and at times i have to cut off mame sound to get more speed. I was thinking it might be beauce my lcd is wide screen or geforce go 6800 GDDR3 (1 gig memroy) isnt compatible, Im so upset i paid $2300 for all f this and expected perfection and tech support wouldnt know why cuase the dont use emulators.
is it that geforce go cards might have bad emulation? i should have gotten the x800 card i guess, i might just swap the card if i send it back. but pc games run super good though.
well this laptop runs doom 3 and fear at high resoultions, cant beat that on a gamming laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

montpics

onewecallgod said:
doesnt matter. lets say there was a desktop and laptop with identical specs (not going to happen, but hypothetically). because they have the same specs, theres no reason why one would perform better than the other. silicon is silicon, transistors are transistors, they dont care what kind of chasis they're put into
And the main problem will go on who build it. 2 desktops with the same specs but different manufacturer gave different results. And same goes with laptop as well.

What I am afraid is that laptop is not 100% good.