Do you believe in Fate?

M.H.A.Q.S.

I do but recently I have been hearing stuff that's out of this world. Most of them inspired from The Matrix philosophy.

What is your belief. I know it concerns religion as well so it will be better to keep it away from interferring with the idea.

J

Jet Set Willy

I'm going out to stab some people in the face now, and it's YOUR FAULT.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Oh Really...Let me give you guys some ignition.

Well AFAIK latest quantum physics disprove the existence of fate, mainly because of information loss on black holes IIRC.

Ok, how about this.

J

Jet Set Willy

Quantum physics is a model based upon our misunderstanding of natural phenomena. It's not proof of anything IMO, and Einstein himself would back me up on that one. He hated the darned concept.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Agreed...But I'll give you more.

Faith is often confused by a minimalistic concidence ofa concurrence of a miriad of random factors. Thing that has a low probability, yet it is not impossible.

:blink:

Splize

The only way to find out if fate exists is to go back in time, screw some things up and when u go back to the present and if everythings the same....Fate exist, but if everything is different fate dosnt exist....u get my drift B)

Zidane

Social Hazzard
I believe we make our own fate by living. Our fate isn't meticulously planned out by any god(s) it is made by choices we made and in turn the end result is fate. The same is with luck and Karma.

Zidane

Social Hazzard
None actually but if it had to be any you would know which one B)

Badger

This topic has a high chance of turning all angsty and pretentious.

The only people who should discuss this are Linkin Park fans, and other sorts like them.

Zidane

Social Hazzard
*shudders* eewwwww, Linkin Park why do they exist.