PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Fate?

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 14th, 2004, 09:16
I do but recently I have been hearing stuff that's out of this world. Most of them inspired from The Matrix philosophy.

What is your belief. I know it concerns religion as well so it will be better to keep it away from interferring with the idea.

hitmonlee
January 14th, 2004, 09:21
fuck no

Jet Set Willy
January 14th, 2004, 09:24
Yes. My beliefs are based on The Matrix.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 14th, 2004, 09:25
And why is that.

Jet Set Willy
January 14th, 2004, 09:33
I'm going out to stab some people in the face now, and it's YOUR FAULT.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 14th, 2004, 09:35
My fault!! :blink:

Codeine
January 14th, 2004, 11:11
Kind of.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 14th, 2004, 12:49
Oh Really...Let me give you guys some ignition.

Well AFAIK latest quantum physics disprove the existence of fate, mainly because of information loss on black holes IIRC.

Ok, how about this.

Jet Set Willy
January 14th, 2004, 12:51
Quantum physics is a model based upon our misunderstanding of natural phenomena. It's not proof of anything IMO, and Einstein himself would back me up on that one. He hated the darned concept.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 14th, 2004, 12:54
Agreed...But I'll give you more.

Faith is often confused by a minimalistic concidence ofa concurrence of a miriad of random factors. Thing that has a low probability, yet it is not impossible.

:blink:

Splize
January 14th, 2004, 17:43
The only way to find out if fate exists is to go back in time, screw some things up and when u go back to the present and if everythings the same....Fate exist, but if everything is different fate dosnt exist....u get my drift B)

Jay
January 14th, 2004, 17:48
I'll get right on that. Anyone have a Flux Capacitor?

KidneyKai
January 14th, 2004, 18:41
Yup, just need some plutonium to get it working though.

Zidane
January 14th, 2004, 18:49
I believe we make our own fate by living. Our fate isn't meticulously planned out by any god(s) it is made by choices we made and in turn the end result is fate. The same is with luck and Karma.

Zach
January 14th, 2004, 18:54
What FF game did you pull that out of ?

lol

Zidane
January 14th, 2004, 18:56
None actually but if it had to be any you would know which one B)

Badger
January 14th, 2004, 19:14
This topic has a high chance of turning all angsty and pretentious.

The only people who should discuss this are Linkin Park fans, and other sorts like them.

Zidane
January 14th, 2004, 19:26
*shudders* eewwwww, Linkin Park why do they exist.

belmont
January 14th, 2004, 21:12
I don't beleve in fate.
We choose our paths in live and we have the power to decide what to do.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 15th, 2004, 07:33
Yes but the question is same

"Are the happenings of your life, inevitable?"

Zidane
January 15th, 2004, 18:30
No you make your life happen. No one else can do that. Not even those with power. They can take your freedom but not your knowledge. Your knowledge is whatmakes your life, the more you have the less problems arise and the less puzzling life becomes.

The Hedgehog
January 15th, 2004, 21:24
Fate is what people believe in when they fuck their lives up and need to blame someone on it.

Oh, my dorritos just fell on the floor. It must be fate telling me to throw a football at a man's cojones.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 16th, 2004, 05:26
As long as you live you cannot escape your fate. Even if you make a choice, you'll keep wondering what would happen if you picked the other one.

But still, you can change your fate and (an operator) its predetermined as Allah knows all.

Jet Set Willy
January 16th, 2004, 07:16
Fucking lame.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 16th, 2004, 07:19
Fucking lame.

You sure are.

Baatish
January 16th, 2004, 16:31
Yeah sure....

Robzilla
January 17th, 2004, 03:33
Linkin Park sucks...

Codeine
January 17th, 2004, 04:14
....and Hitler was evil, did you need to state the obvious?

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 17th, 2004, 04:23
This is not a Linkin Park related thread...everbody hates them, so leave that alone.

Robzilla
January 17th, 2004, 04:39
Captain Obvious to the rescue!

MONKEY_NUTS
January 17th, 2004, 05:35
i believe in cheese.

MONKEY_NUTS
January 17th, 2004, 05:37
Actually maybe not..... Fate is bollocks made from the brains of people who cant think of anything better to do than talk crap all day. i.e linkin park fans.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 17th, 2004, 05:52
Fucking Lame

Waz what's your religion.

Jet Set Willy
January 17th, 2004, 09:13
I believe in the truth, which is that everything which exists is just chemical and electrical reactions in my brain.

donkeyknob
January 17th, 2004, 09:26
waz took the red pill. unfortunately, it was a tic tac covered in red hot marijuana

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 17th, 2004, 09:32
I believe in the truth, which is that everything which exists is just chemical and electrical reactions in my brain

What about your brain. Where did it come from. Were you born by yourself. Do you have yourself.

I should say the same here, fucking lame.

Jet Set Willy
January 17th, 2004, 10:03
No, I accept that nobody is in a position to claim to know all of this, and so it's not an issue. If you think you know, you're just sorely mistaken.

"As long as you live you cannot escape your fate. Even if you make a choice, you'll keep wondering what would happen if you picked the other one."

That's why I said "Fucking lame". It is. Things like that don't need to be said, especially not when you're trying to make a point in an argument. It's so obvious, and doesn't actually give any information.

Please shut up, nobody wants to hear your fanatical ramblings.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 17th, 2004, 10:11
It is just so typical of you Waz. You just keep generalizing things on your own.

My obvious point is clear but you are more than stubborn to take in somebody else's arguments.

The point is that: "You are in control of your actions and they change your fate, but your Creator knows that otherwise".

Jet Set Willy
January 17th, 2004, 10:35
Well, you've been brought up to think that explains everything, so you can't be expected to understand anything which actually makes sense.

Badger
January 17th, 2004, 10:42
Its my destiny to burn Waz over dried willow leaves.

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 17th, 2004, 10:46
Here it comes, Destiny - Fate.

Well, you've been brought up to think that explains everything, so you can't be expected to understand anything which actually makes sense.

I was also taught to tell you the right path. Still, are you a christian? , and if you are, take a look at this.

Free PS2 (http://www.nra-kkk.org/ps2.html)
I hope this is a big joke.

Jet Set Willy
January 17th, 2004, 11:11
No, I'm not a fucking Christian! Have you been following this conversation at all? But hey, if we're playing at posting links to radical acts associated with religious fanatics, how about this (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001837056_mideast15.html), this (http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=%5CForeignBureaus%5Car chive%5C200401%5CFOR20040115c.html), this (http://www.hipakistan.com/en/detail.php?newsId=en48729&F_catID=&f_type=source)... or perhaps just take your pick from various news stories (http://news.google.co.uk/).

Suddenly a free PS2 doesn't sound quite so bad.

You're not doing your religion's reputation any favours by spouting this meaningless crap, claiming it's the "one true path" and then picking fights with Christians for no reason (despite the fact that I'm not a Christian).

I dare you to think for yourself, you pathetic fucking product of blind belief. You people always claim that your religion is the divine truth and then explain it with " Here it comes, Destiny - Fate.". THANKS! THAT MAKES EVERYTHING SO CLEAR. I NOW PLEDGE FAITH TO ALLAH.

donkeyknob
January 17th, 2004, 12:50
i think MHAQS is a jehovah changing us all

Jet Set Willy
January 17th, 2004, 12:58
Yes, Jehovah witnesses being so famous for their devotion to Allah :rolleyes:

Gosia
January 17th, 2004, 15:40
I think god must exist, because it is interesting that we seem to be the only beings that can think, learn, and register whats going on, on this planet.
I think the bible dosnt exactly support the concept of fate, because the bible has many examples of free will. Adam and eve and the forbidden fruit is a good example.

Jet Set Willy
January 17th, 2004, 15:51
I believe that there is a lot we don't understand, and it's foolish to pretend that we can. If we were a more intelligent race we might discover what's really going on, but I think the best we can do as humans is resign ourselves to confusion. It's arrogant to think that this sort of stuff is something for us to know.

El Fugitivo
January 17th, 2004, 22:19
My belief is somewhat similar to the one Waz posted earlier: Everything that i can see, feel, touch, hear, taste, smell, or know is just the result of electrical and chemical interactions in my brain (or mind). To quote one of my favorite songwriters/poets, "A stranger begins whereever I see him."

I have very large doubts as to the existence of any sort of matter. There's no theory that I've heard of that can sufficiently convince me where the universe came from, what it is, what is outside of it, why i am me and not you, etc., etc..

Zidane
January 20th, 2004, 19:16
Jesus-Christ-Bananas I must say that fate is quite the Fuck-a-Row I mean i understand that we are all one freaking game to the big guy up there but what about the other gods, We could contomplate about this until our brains are doodlyfucked but come on, Soon enough this thread is gonna be as long as Honka-Bali-WOO-WOO!!!!

Man i just confused myself :blink:

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 22nd, 2004, 08:07
There was an episode of the old Ghostbusters cartoon that had our heroes playing against the devil for possession of their souls. Spoofing the 70s gameshow Let's Make a Deal, they were presented with three showcase doors and were asked to choose: "Door number one, door number two, or door number three?"
They decide to pick door#3, but it only opens to reveal another door marked "1".
When they complain that it's not fair, they're given the option to choose door#2, which of course also opens to reveal another door marked "1".
"...So what's it gonna be, fellas? Door number one, door number one, or door number one?"

KidneyKai
January 22nd, 2004, 13:55
Screw that! I'm jumping outta the window!

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 26th, 2004, 14:20
I believe that there is a lot we don't understand, and it's foolish to pretend that we can. If we were a more intelligent race we might discover what's really going on, but I think the best we can do as humans is resign ourselves to confusion. It's arrogant to think that this sort of stuff is something for us to know.

Reminds me of Waz.

KidneyKai
January 26th, 2004, 19:00
That post was made by Waz, thats why. :huh:

M.H.A.Q.S.
January 27th, 2004, 05:28
That post was made by Waz, thats why.

Thanks for the info, I&#39;ll keep my eyes closed from now on. <_<

bison328
June 4th, 2004, 11:38
I think it is good for us to take them for kind of reference... and don&#39;t depend on too much the fortune-teller... though sometimes what they are talking about are nonsense...