How to use a pad with playstation emulators?

Contester

I have a playstation pad with connection to the PC. How can I use it to play playstation games on the PC? Is there any emulator that allows this?

I'm using the emurayden emulator which works real fine but I can't use the pad, only the keyboard.

Thanks!

M.H.A.Q.S.

Are you using a USB or something else. As suckthismeat said go for ePSXe, it is the best PSX emu out there.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
ePSXe can use any gamepad as long as it is recognized by Windows. Same goes for most emulators that support gamepads.

Contester

My pad is a playstation pad converted to PC with connection to the paralel port. And my OS is Win XP.

The problem with epsxe is that though I have installed the correct bios and plugins to the correct folders, the video plugin is not listed under config, so I can't make it work. Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Paralel port... I think you need direct pad pro for the gamepad to work...
Not listed plugins? Have you extracted the plugins from the zip files?

Contester

Originally posted by Contester@Jan 14 2004, 01:23 PM
My pad is a playstation pad converted to PC with connection to the paralel port. And my OS is Win XP.

The problem with epsxe is that though I have installed the correct bios and plugins to the correct folders, the video plugin is not listed under config, so I can't make it work. Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance.
I already installed the pad with PSXPAD and it is perfectly working and recognized by Windows XP. Do you think that Directpad pro (5.0?) would add something new?

And, yes I did unzip the files. For instance, under plugins folder I have:
cdrmooby2.dll
cdrXeven.dll
gpuLewGlide.dll
gpuPeteOpenGL.dll
remove.me
spuPeteDSound.dll

Under config the sound plugins are there but the video ones aren't. And concerning to bios, I'm only able to set it, if I skip the wizard mode and go directly to the Bios config. The wizard does not recognize the bios, despite the fact that I have eight different bios .bin files in the bios folder.

And what about Emurayden emulator? Do you know it? It works damn good here and comes complete with no concerning about how to configure - just put the cd and it goes automatically (and have a memory card organizer, also). The only problem is that I can't make the pad work with it.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Update your plugin pack from either this site or somewhere else like ngemu.com and ePSXe is alot greater than EmuRayden.

Contester

Originally posted by M.H.A.Q.S.@Jan 15 2004, 04:42 AM
Update your plugin pack from either this site or somewhere else like ngemu.com and ePSXe is alot greater than EmuRayden.
I got the epsxe from another source already with the bios and all the plugins you can imagine. Now, it works! However, it's running very, very, very slow. Making it impossible to play.

Any suggestion?

Contester

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Jan 16 2004, 10:39 PM
Could you provide some information about your hardware?
Athlon 600Mhz - Biostar M7MKA Motherboard - Award Bios - 192MB RAM - Diamond Viper 770 TNT Pro Chipset 32MB AGP - Crystal Sound Card - LG CD-RW - DVD-Rom Sony - Windows XP Pro Sp1 - ADSL

Kind of old, I know. But, I take so much care of it that it's working like a sex machine! I use to run great new games such FIFA 2004, Jedi Academy, GTA3, Sim City 4, etc. (windows games, not emulated) with no problems.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Your configuration is ok but to that extent. Lower the resolution of your GPU plugin.

And try optimizing settings to match your computer. Sound affects a lot.

suckthismeat

also try a different rendering plugin, I found that Petes Direct X works best for my main comp, and the OpenGL plugin works best on my laptop...just a thought

--edited for spelling--

M.H.A.Q.S.

it depends on your laptop and pc conf suckthismeat. Pete's plugins require more computer power and Contester is out of it.

WellWellWell

Wow. I expected it to cost at least twenty bucks.

How well does it work on other emulators? Do you find the button setup difficult to use on N64 games? If you've ever used it for other consoles, that is.