which system is easier to emulate: DS or PSP?

dar0ckl3ttm

i need to know which one will be emulated. i'm thinking to purchase only one between them and whatever gets emulated first will probably influence my purchase.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I no very little about emulating but i would say that the NDS is easier to emulate as the psp's games/UMD's are encrptyed. And theres is already an emulator that can begin to run the Metroid Prime: Hunters demo (Well the title screen anyways).

hagbard

UMD's encryption it's not a problem since UMD to ISO dumpers are out there months ago, the bigest problem it's the complexity of the hardware, similar to PS2: too new and complex hardware. Think in the PS2 emus and you'll make and idea. NDS carts are encrypted btw but also dumped, but looks not so hard to emulate.

Jale

Yeah, NDS is basically between N64 and Gamecube and N64 is quite emulable nowadays.

dar0ckl3ttm

now when i think about it, i guess it was a stupid question to ask lol. of course the ds will be easier to emulate because it's technologically the weaker system. silly me. alright i guess ill buy the PSP then.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
dar0ckl3ttm said:
now when i think about it, i guess it was a stupid question to ask lol. of course the ds will be easier to emulate because it's technologically the weaker system. silly me. alright i guess ill buy the PSP then.

Go for one that has an early firmware on it so you can run emulators and homebrew programs on it. If you upgrade your firmware those emulators wont work but it does mean you can run the lastest games on it and surf the net.