Sega CD backup problems - Please Help!!

reed747

I have a model 2 Sega CD and a bunch of games. Several of my games are quite scratched up, including my precious copy of Snatcher.

I'm trying to make backups of my games to keep the originals from getting too damaged.

I heard that this was quite easy to do. I have a brand new Mac w/ Toast 6 Titanium.

I inserted Rise of the Dragon, since the disc was in perfect shape, so I thought it would be a good way to see if I could successfully make a backup.

Two things show up on the desktop. An Audio CD file, and a Data file. So, I copied both onto my computer. I opened Toast, then I put the Audio files in the audio section, and the Data files in the data section.
Now here is where I start to have some difficulty. That is, I'm not sure how exactly to burn the stuff onto the CD, because there seem to be several different ways to do it. I've tried burning it as a multisession disc, I've tried doing it in mixed-mode, which puts the data and audio in a single session. I've tried saving the information as a disc image first and then burning it onto a cd. I've done like 6 different attempts, and my Sega CD system won't load any of the CDs.

What am I doing wrong?

If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it. I've already wasted so much time trying to get this figured out that I'm gonna tear my hair out.

Brandon

hagbard

I can only suggest to try to load first the image on a emulator to see it works, but I don't know a SegaCD emulator for MAC.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
can you make a cd to cd copy that is how I did it but i used nero 7