Dj Beefzibit Is Born!

hitmonlee

i'll check it out when i get home :)

what kinda comp?
young people's comp? local comp?

donkeyknob

its just a local comp, not gonna attract all of the real talent (despite its $2500 prize) cause its not at a club or anything. im feelin good about it

J

Jet Set Willy

Nice.
Hey, I think you should try some syncopation. You could get some great stuff going if you shuffled around the 3.5 beat of certain bars.

Edit: You need to match the end a bit differently. It all seems to go wrong around the 3 minute mark.

The Hedgehog

I really despise your nickname. I think "DJ Hey-look-at-me-I'm-an-attention-whore!" is more appropriate.

J

Jet Set Willy

I've actually never had a problem with people calling theirselves D.J. and being modestly proud of their music/mixes. Strange, 'cos that sort of thing would normally send me into a frenzy if it were alternate subject matter.

J

Jet Set Willy

The few tracks I've made were always under the name "Waz". I think there's a silly jazz band with that name already, though.

The Hedgehog

aznfaggot.jpg

I don't know how this exactly fits to the subject, I just felt it was needed.

Danny

The beatmatching was poor if there was any and it generally isn't a
good idea to mix two tracks while the vocals are playing.

I don't think your ready to enter any competition, even a local one.

I find that a lot of "DJ's" think that what they are doing is a lot better
than it is.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
404 - Not Found

Dude, that mix is bad ass.

donkeyknob

d0nTX0r eXp3c+ m3 2 r3+UrNzOR fuck typin like that. ill take the dont mix while vocals are goin advice, and practice a bit more. hopefully i wont be goin first so i can listen to the other DJs. *sigh* its a long road to good mixin

donkeyknob

oh by the way, the bastards at soundclick removed my fucking track... fuckin bastards. and the DJ comp people have accepted me to go into round 2 (i wont be available for round one ;))

anyone know where i can host mp3s for free? a site similar to soundclick or mp3.com ??

Not-Spekkio

"I want to host free mp3's."
I want to have a million dollars you dumbfuck, either pay for some hosting or stop bitching about how you have no hosting space, alternatively, stop using frootyloops or whatever the fuck you use and start doing some real work, I've seen a crying cat crank out more harmonic sounds.

And a summary for you lazy fatasses who can't read a bit of text, beefy zit sucks ass, and I hope he dies.

Zach

I recreated about half of E1M9 by ear in Cakewalk, does that make me teh 1337 djz0rs ?

I want to be 1337 :(

....who the fuck am I kidding, I don't care..

J

Jet Set Willy

Nope. Anybody with an ear can re-create a song. There's no creative process involved.

J

Jet Set Willy

I've got a good ear and professional grade in a musical instrument, yet no enthusiasm. That's even worse.

J

Jet Set Willy

Try to recreate Aphex Twin - 4. That would be impressive. I reckon you'd need to slow it down a lot to work out the drum patterns.