OMFG I DUN GET IT!!!!

Lee49645

ok im admit im a noob when it comes to emulators but i would greatly appreciate it if some would help me THANK YOU ^^

ok so i got daemon tools and etc etc i followed the instructions etc etc heres wat did feel free to correct me on any mistakes

i think i have the right dc_bios.bin and i copy and pasted it in to the chankast folder if not some hints or on keywords in google may help

so its in the folder and wat not i run it i put a real DC game disc in and im stuck..... wat do i do now? the readme files are too confusing

edit

ok chankast runs now i can see the menu like as if it were the console itself but wat i dun get is my gamediscs wont work on it cuz daemon tools doesnt detect it or something

Last edited:

hagbard

No original DC GD-ROM would run on a PC CD/DVD-ROM drive, only either burnt ISOs on CDs or emulated with Daemon Tools will work.

Also as Butters said not every ISO/CD are self bootable, so you need to get the Utopia Boot Disc. For Chankast get the first version, also the CloneCD image of that would work better, at least for me. Make a google or a forum search to find it.

Once you got that, burnt it to a CD if you want to play CDs: Now you have to insert this UBD fisrt on your CD/DVD-ROM drive, start Chankast & emulation (select your dirve first on Chankast). When to UBD discs boots, eject it and insert your game.

Otherwise, If you want to play ISOs, first mount the UBD image on Daemon Tools, when it loads on Chankast replace it for your game's ISO image.

hope it helps :cool:

Lee49645

ic thanks now i have Grandia 2 playing on my chankast

problem with this one now is that during the cut scenes the voices mismatches the text boxes

when Ryudo talks the text follows his voice about 3 seconds later when it should be running with voice.. i dun really kno wat to tweak in the chankast to fix it cuz im afraid of crashing or killing my chankast :(

onewecallgod

the cutscenes, dialogue and subtitles are hard-coded into the game, correct? if so it would seem to be a game issue, and not an emulation issue

montpics

Lee49645 said:
ic thanks now i have Grandia 2 playing on my chankast

problem with this one now is that during the cut scenes the voices mismatches the text boxes

when Ryudo talks the text follows his voice about 3 seconds later when it should be running with voice.. i dun really kno wat to tweak in the chankast to fix it cuz im afraid of crashing or killing my chankast :(
Grandia 2?

Hmmm, luckilly I have both English/Japanese/Korean version of the game for PC version. :biggrin: :)

hagbard

/Me owns the PS2 one :cool: