No$Gba

Jamlpr

I just got no$gba, hoping it would run quicker than VBAL, and at first it didn't. I looked around google for anything that could help it go quicker.. couldn't find anything. So me and my brother went back to playing Leaf Green ( We found a way for both of us to save ) and it was going PERFECT. I went to check the keys so we could find out what his enter key was and then my movement keys didn't work. So we restarted No$gba and it is slow as hell again, I've closed EVERYTHING that's not needed... any help? >_<

jv9

What are your system specs? Did you have the latest version of VBA?
GBA emulation should work easy for many computers.

Jamlpr

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60GHz
1.59 GHz,768 MB of RAM

I had the newest VBAL... 1.7.2 or something. It ran EXTREMELY slow on one of the emulators and normal, or actually above normal on the other. I had sound completly turned off.

Really, I would just like help with No$gba, but if I could get an answer to VBAL too.. I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks!

hagbard

I suppose you mean it runs slow on some computer, because VBAL it's the emulator itself. I'd give a try to OpenGL or Direct3D output, it might work faster for you. (Options -> Video -> Render Method -> GDI , DirectDraw, Direct3D or OpenGL)

Also try uncheck "Vsync", check "No throttle", uncheck "Automatic" frame skip and play a bit with the "Frame skip" values: "0" should be Ok for your hardware

Hope it helps

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
vba should run just fine on your hardware. im stumped at how it at how it won't run or full(or close to full speed). try with the latest version of VBA(unless you already have it of course) if not do what hagbard said.

Jamlpr

For those who don't know, I don't mean VBA.. I mean VBALink. I tried what hagbard said and it didn't work. One emulator will run at 120% and one will run at 50%. :|

If anyone can help with my No$GBA problem, please do!

One last thing, I don't care if the emulators can link. Me and my brother just want to play the games together.. if there is any emulator that I can have TWO open at the same time and will BOTH run equal, thanks. May sound stupid, but if we want to link will use VBALink for a little bit to link up.

hagbard

As for GBA, I'm not sure, but TGB Dual will do the job for GB & GBC games :p
Perhaps your PC isn't fast enough to run a couple of GBA emulators at 100% fps. Also VBALink it's a bit buggy

Last edited:

Jamlpr

I'm using Game Lad for that, but me and my brother fucked up and my save file was gone. So I was like... fuck it, I'm buying two gbas.

Thanks all.