psp help pls

Corey4666

I got an emulator FOR the psp, and when i put the emulators on the psp and run the emulator, it say's an error "The Game Could Not Be Started (80020001)."
The same thing happens with all the Emulators; I read the Emulator tutorials and they don't work. I don't have the Roms Zipped either, and I got it as PSP/GAME/Nes like the tutorial says.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Theres something about the psp's firmware where you have to update it to get access to new feature like the internet browser and to allow you to play new games on it. The firmware disable hacks and emulators running on the psp. Perhaps youve got firmware that has blocked the emulator from running. Sorry but i dont know how to check what version of psp you have, all i know is there version 1, version 1.5 and version 2.0

jv9

To check the version of your current software, select 'System Settings' under the (Settings) from the Home Menu, then select 'System Information'

I think that's it..

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
no your good with the 1.5 just make sure to make the 2 folders and the one with the loader has the % behind it.

Corey4666

so like PSP/%GAME/%NesterJ? because that didn't work it wont even show the nester folder if i do it...
and i tried doing %EBOOT.PBP inside the nesterj folder and that made it curropted, im completly new at using the psp do i need to have like some kinda modchip if such thing exists i need all the help i can get

Corey4666

305soldier said:
no your good with the 1.5 just make sure to make the 2 folders and the one with the loader has the % behind it.
ohh and whats a loader? cuz im confused on all this i need explinations and stuffs x.x

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
ok the directory should look like this
PSP/GAME/NESTERJ%
that is where one of the EBOOT's will go.
the other directory which will have the other EBOOT and your roms this one should be like normal without the %.
PSP/GAME/NESTERJ
if your zip file did NOT contain then you either get one of the many kxpliot tool which will do it for you.
you can get one from pspupdates which has alot of them.
just start up the program find your EBOOT.pbp by pressing on the little button that has "..." on it and then click on the drive that corresponds to the psp USB drive and give it a name you want unless it tells you otherwise.

oh and the loader is one of the EBOOT's that you need to run ANY homebrew application.if you need any more help just ask.

Last edited:

Corey4666

ohh i did what you said and then i boot up the emu and it says "The Game Could Not Be Started (80020001)." :( i keep messing with it, i check back in a few mins or hour to see if ne1 awnser

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
ok first get KXpliot. then once you install KXpliot onto your comp, connect your PSP to your PC (via USB cable of course) then (make sure you know where your EBOOT's are) start KXploit and select the EBOOT.pbp by pressing the button with the "..." and finding it after the window pops up etc...(you should know what to do when you come to it)once you select your EBOOT.pbp select the PSP USB drive it's connected to (eg.f:/ or whatever)once you have done all that and given the file a name you click generate. a pop-up message will come up and say that the files have been completed succesfully and some other stuff.check if the file are all thier and then put the roms in the folder WITHOUT the % and it should work.

Corey4666

ok thx man :) Do You Know How To Put Videos On The Memory Stick? Do They Need To Be Converted In To .Mp4 Format Cuz Thats What I Hear

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
im not entirely sure but i think that you do have to convert them to .MP4. thier also a program for that but i think it only converts .MPEG and .mpg format files. im not sure if it supports avi or not. im going to see if i can find something about that.

Corey4666

ohh i found a program that converts all kindas of movie files in mp4 and works on psp never mind thx for all the help

giorgio2607

Help with psp - duke nuken and emulators

I have been reading around and am hearing that you can play doom and duke nukem and all these classics on your psp. I've found the websites but once i download the files, i have no idea how to make them work and where to save them on the memory stick. I have updated my psp software is says version 3.01. I'm not sure whether that is the firmware or what. I bought it in the UK this year January 2006. I also have no idea how to get the emulator stuff working.

Any help for a man with no clue???

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Re: Help with psp - duke nuken and emulators

Homebrew doesnt work on a 3.01 yet. Only 1.00 - 2.80 can run homebrew and only upto 2.71 can be downgraded, anything above 2.80 cant run anything that sony hasnt "signed".