what does this mean

mhl12

what is emulator is this from?

money

mhl12 said:
it probably means you need to install a software. Did a cd come with the gamepad?
no I just bought the gamepad
when I put it in the computer it says
unknown device
I read the back of the package and it says
run setup.exe from driver disk
I am confused

mhl12

that's because the computer does not know what the device is unless you install the software. Many usb devices are like that. If you don't have the cd, try going online to the gamepad's website and see if you can download the software.

edit: also, just a thought, when you plug the thing in, is there a separate drive that comes up in my computer?

money

mhl12 said:
that's because the computer does not know what the device is unless you install the software. Many usb devices are like that. If you don't have the cd, try going online to the gamepad's website and see if you can download the software.

edit: also, just a thought, when you plug the thing in, is there a separate drive that comes up in my computer?
no it just says unknown device

mhl12

ok then just see if you can go online to download a software. We can help you more if you tell us the brand and model of the gamepad.

money

mhl12 said:
ok then just see if you can go online to download a software. We can help you more if you tell us the brand and model of the gamepad.
it is a dual shock
vibration usb/pc joypad
I will try showing you a picture
it has this website on it

www.ccandu.com

Last edited:

money

mhl12 said:
after you install it, see if your computer recognizes the gamepad
becaue I put the usb gamepad in and is still saying no drivers have been installed for this device

mhl12

ok I'm out of ideas. Sorry. You can try googling for results or wait for other members to help you out.

montpics

Care to tell us what product that you bought from the site? And funny though, it SHOULD leave you at least a disc or diskette for driver installation.

Unless you are not WinXP users? :rolleyes:

hagbard

My PSX to USB pad adapter doesn't need any driver on XP, looks like you haven't been lucky :p