emuladores fixes

gtr_cifras

hi,

my name is francisco and i'm building an emulator download site.
as i need sources, i'm asking if i can use some of the emulators you have in your site, so they can be downloaded from mine. i won't put them in my site until you accept my asking (if you accept :D )

sincerelly,

Francisco Sao Pedro

if you hava any doubt, or just want to contact me you can email me at: francisco_saopedro@hotmail.com

mhl12

hm.. these emulators are all freeware unless posted otherwise. I'm pretty sure you can distribute them freely as long as you give credit to the authors and don't modify anything.

You would probably need your own host to upload the files though because I'm sure hotlinking is not allowed.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
gtr_cifras said:
hi,

my name is francisco and i'm building an emulator download site.
as i need sources, i'm asking if i can use some of the emulators you have in your site, so they can be downloaded from mine. i won't put them in my site until you accept my asking (if you accept :D )

sincerelly,

Francisco Sao Pedro

if you hava any doubt, or just want to contact me you can email me at: francisco_saopedro@hotmail.com
The files hosted at The Emulator Zone can be found freely at almost every up to date emulation site. Though you can take any files you want I'm afraid that you will have to use your own space to host them as uploads. Hotlinking is not permited.

I hope this clears things up.

gtr_cifras

francisco sao pedro

mhl12 said:
hm.. these emulators are all freeware unless posted otherwise. I'm pretty sure you can distribute them freely as long as you give credit to the authors and don't modify anything.

You would probably need your own host to upload the files though because I'm sure hotlinking is not allowed.

you know,
i'm not very pro in this emulation stuff..,
so, when you said "as long as you give credit to the authors and don't modify anything." to give credit means to pay the author??? or just to say his name...or can you explain yourself better? :p

what's hotlinking?? i just don't want to make illegal stuff

mhl12

giving credit to the author is just a curtesy by stating on your site who made it and the emulator's home page. Although you don't really need to do it, it's just nice to the author who put a lot of time making the emulator.

Hotlinking is stealing the bandwidth from other sites and using it as your own. For example, if you use this url: http://www.emulator-zone.com/download.php/emulators/psx/epsxe/epsxe160.zip
on your site, that's not your bandwidth. You download the file yourself and upload it on your own website host.