Adobe Photoshop Issues.

Jale

I have a serious problem with Adobe Photoshop, it's not running well on my machine and I don't know what is making it to crash. When I am making a line with a brush or something else, the mouse won't move anymore and the entire computer freezes. I can't even press CTRL + ALT + DEL.

I've been looking on the net for solutions and I had no luck, so I need to know if there's something I can do or turn something off or whatever. I want to change from CorelDRAW! to the always popular Adobe Photoshop.

Any ideas to give to this poor soul? :(

montpics

Did you put some additional plugins on Photoshop?

Secondly, try to remove and install it again, and see how it goes? :rolleyes:

Jale

I did. I though it was my shitty on-board video, but I think it's something else.

Jale

Adobe application crashes or freezes on Pentium 3 or 4 computer (Photoshop 6.0-CS or Photoshop Album 1.x on Windows)

Issue

Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Album crashes with a blue or black screen, freezes, unexpectedly restarts, or displays a Program Error on a computer that has an Intel Pentium 3 or 4 processor.

Detail

If the computer manufacturer is Dell Computer Corporation, the system may return the error "Alert: Regulator Error."

Solution: Contact the motherboard or computer manufacturer.

Contact the motherboard or computer manufacturer for assistance resolving this issue, which occurs because of an electrical problem on some motherboards.
The funny part is that my computer has nothing to do with Dell and it doesn't show any message with Alert: Regulator Error; it just freezes. My motherboard is Biostar.

Jale

RockY said:
Use Photoshop 7 then....
I did and it crashes too.

Lefteris_D said:
Have you tried Photoshop CS2 yet?
I've tried CS, but not CS2. Maybe I should download the trial version and if everything goes OK, I'll buy it as well.

mhl12

I believe that C2 is the most advance photoshop version seeing how it costs a ton of money (around $600 i think)

edit: 300th post! I'm a cool member!

Jale

Well, reading this thread made me remember to download Adobe Photoshop CS2. I might be singing victory too soon, but my computer didn't freeze with this version :)

I just hope it doesn't :(

Last edited:

Zach

Sometimes you just gotta format, haha..

Anyway you seem to be going back and forth on this plugin issue.. Just make sure whenever you try different versions of the program you do them fresh.. Uninstall the previous one completely, remove plugins and clean out the old program directories etc..

Then don't install any plugins, just mess wth stuff.