Graphics problem

sunman

Hey guys,
I have Project64 and I am experiencing graphic problems, to be able to play mario 64 without lag and audio problems I have to play on the lowest resolution and with Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire I experiencing huge problems. The sounds is completely messed up and the game speed is really slow. My comp is no gaming monster:
1,2 ghz AMD Duron,
256 MB RAM and integrated graphics
Pro savage 3 graphics card
It runs GTA 3 with only minor lag and I cant understand how a N64 game can cause such problems eventhough it is so much more primative. I even have problems with some NES and SNES roms :(

Is there any way of fixing this and play a game decently?

jv9

1) Do you have the latest DirectX installed on your computer?
And which DirectX is your graphics card compatible with (don't know about Savage)
2) Have you installed all the drivers, for example if you have an Ati graphics card
you should install the newest version of Catalyst.

jv9

Also see this thread.
Which version of pj64 are you running?

EDIT: Btw, shouldn't this thread be in the Nintendo Emulation & Games.

Last edited:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
yeah maybe this should be in the nintendo forum.

first i don't think Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is compatible with PJ64.(i'll check up on that in a little while)
and yes make sure you have PJ64 1.6.
thiers alot of problems that the older versions have that 1.6 solves.
and try a couple plugins like jabos or rices graphic plugin.

EDIT:i couldn't find anything about Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire not being supported so try diffrent plugins to see if you get better results.

Last edited:

Zach

Its useless to compare GTA3 to emulated games, you can't compare a game coded for the PC to a game coded for a console, being emulated on a PC.

Emulation requires major amounts of power. Its likely your graphics setup holding you back the most.. The fact its integrated, and an S3 is not looking good for you

Your problems with NEs/SNEs emulation are either misconfigured emulators, poor ly coded emulators, or your system is so bogged down with programs you don't need running, and/or an active anti-virus scanner that it is killing your CPU.. That would also shed some light on why your emulated games also run so poorly, not that they would improve much I imagine

Last edited:

sunman

thanks for the input,
I have pj64 1.6 and the latest drivers for the S3. I think I have Directx 9.0 is that the newest one?
Where do I get the plug ins you spoke of and how do I use them?

jv9

Yeah, DirectX 9.0c is the newest one. You can get plugins here.
Pj64 has already default plugins that's good. If you still couldn't get it running with those plugins change the plugins.

Last edited: