Update on the Doom Movie...

Fable

Urban Ninja
Well, looks like they're coming to their senses! They have confirmed that there are going to be demons and stuff, read more here

Zach

It's not going to be good, so everyone should just forget about seeing what they think it should be. It will be a movie, and the name will be DOOM, and it will have The Rock in it - that's about where the decent shit is going to end and the perversion of the original idea will begin.

I have ragged on every game to film conversion in history and have been correct every time.. You will draw fans of the games, but the real fans will always never be totally pleased because they can't deliver what we want.. It just wouldn't be interesting to the audience as a whole.

The fact monsters will be in it, isn't exactly a saving grace.. We all saw what they did to some of the old monsters from the original games when they made DOOM 3... The one thing that would ever make me like this movie is to see a bonafied IMP - as well as some other original monsters.. Not some fucking Aliens knock-off, and not the BS remade models from DOOM3..

If you were to transplant the original DOOM monsters to film, the potential for them to be scary would be far greater than anything produced in DOOM 3 could ever hope to be.

Last edited:

hanzmoleman007

Games just don't make good movie translations. However they might make good translations for T.V.
Take frogger. We get like three drunk frat boys on the side of a busy highway each with a frog in hand, and the first ones frog that crosses the road without getting splated wins a beerbong hit!

Fable

Urban Ninja
Ah, well, I'd still pirate..... err... I mean go to the movie theaters and waste my precious moneys to watch it.....

montpics

But you should know that movie can't do so much better than a usual gaming world as it hoped to be. :)

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Bumping time.

I just came back from waching the movie. Though it was not as deep as it should have been(story wise) the action part remained true to the game. Too bad "The Rock" turned bad :(

RockY

L H D T P M
Lefteris_D said:
Too bad "The Rock" turned bad :(

Thanks for telling... ¬_¬

:p

I'll probably go watch it this weekend... since there is nothing much to see this days...

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a question that contains a bit of a spoiler:

Spoiler »
What did you think of the "first person mode" after Reaper was injected C24?

Last edited:

hitmonlee

cloud4004 said:
I don't think I've ever seen a movie based on a game that I actually liked...

i have. unlike most of the world, i liked both super mario bros and street fighter.

my ex is a big doom fan and enjoyed the movie :)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
@Lefteris_D
Here is a question that contains a bit of a spoiler:

I loved that scene...it made me think that nextgen xbox360 and PS3 are not so great...Then again...if Tekken looks 75% as Jin demo at E3 wow....