Marvel vs Capcom 2 Dreamcast ISO help plz!!!

ugodzero

Hi. I downloaded a Marvel vs Capcom 2 file using BitLord for Dreamcast. The total file size is 164.14 MB...

I wanted to make sure that was the correct file size so I searched all over the net for other Marvel vs Capcom 2 files and sure enough they were 164 MB in size.

But why is it telling me that this file is incomplete. When I checked it's properties it says "BitLord Incomplete Download File". I'm 100% sure that I've downloaded all of it because it's total file size is 164.14 MB and that's what I got.

Am I supposed to convert this incomplete file into an ISO and how am I supposed to do that?

Or, is this file size incorrect?

hagbard

Some BT clients have an option to reduce the disk fragmentation, so they create whole size files although not being 100% complete. If BitLord tells you that, you should try to connect to same torrentto download the rest.

ugodzero

I've already tried that. It won't let me download any more because it's supposed to be completed. - _ -

By the way, when did you become a mod?

hagbard

Which extension has the file? It should compressed.

ugodzero said:
By the way, when did you become a mod?
Thank you for your support :rolleyes:

ugodzero

I've got a few questions about Chankast 0.25.

I have both dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin. Whenever I load up the emulator the bios screen is always set to Espanol. I have to keep resetting it back to English and it won't remember the date and time either.

Is there anyway to save any changes that I make to this emu?
I am not having this problem with the control config though (thank goodness).

Also, is there anyway to add another memory card to both controllers?

Last edited:

hagbard

Use another dc_flash.bin , there're three at least, PAL, NTSC-U and NTSC-J. The language might be changed on the Settings menu on the DC, it's the first option on this screen.

To add another VMS: Plugins -> Configure -> Conected Peripherals -> Then add another virtual controller to select another VMS for that.

To save the settings, I haven't tried it though looks it's not possible

Last edited:

ugodzero

Thanks for the info.

I've just downloaded MvsC2 and extracted the .rar file and this is what I got:

MVC2.img (752,654 kb)
MVC2.ccd (2 kb)
MVC2.sub (30,313 kb)

I tried mounting the .ccd file to a virtual drive using Daemon's Tool. It booted up but crashed after the intro...

jv9

Is the game an Echelon release?
Because all the Echelon releases crashes on Chankast.

Last edited:

hagbard

Probably it's an Echelon one, we can't do too much if that's the case :(

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
but he said he used the .ccd one to play when it's only 2kb. and the .img is 752,654 kb
so wouldn't you have to mount the bigger one(.img) to actually play the
game?
btw how do you tell it's an echeleon release? does it say it in the title or what?

Last edited:

jv9

You can remove the INTRO!!!

Removing the Echelon intro
Credits to jc of dcwarez.

Some people may wish to remove the Echelon intro for one reason or another, a major one being that the intro sometimes screws up the sound/music initialization in their rip of Unreal Tournament (making it emit a nasty screeching sound until a game is started).
(Following example applies to DOA2LE. You can use a similar method for the other games, but the file size will be different.)

1. Extract the 1ST_READ.BIN file from the CDI or your CD.
2. Fire up your hex-editor (I like HEdit or Hex Workshop) and open 1ST_READ.BIN, go to offset 0xF0000 and copy the Hex all the way to 983040 (the end).
3. Make a new file 1929928 bytes large, and paste the contents of the clipboard into it.
4. Save the file, and place it into a directory (ie, C:\SELFBOOTDOA2LE), and extract the data from the CD or the CDI file into that directory as well. Now just follow ECHELON's self-boot tutorial and re-image the CD.

Source:http://dreamlover.tecbox.com/#6.3

Last edited:

ugodzero

305soldier said:
but he said he used the .ccd one to play when it's only 2kb. and the .img is 752,654 kb
game?
btw how do you tell it's an echeleon release? does it say it in the title or what?

I am able to mount the .img file but it won't boot. Only the .ccd file will boot.

When I start Marvel vs Capcom 2 it shows the memory card loading screen then the Capcom logo afterwards and freezes up right there at the logo every time.

It got through once and I was able to play the game but it ran very slowly.

Last edited:

hagbard

305soldier said:
game?

You *have* to mount the CCD because it has the info about how the data it's data on the CD (well, GD this time). It's the same than a CUE file. The IMG/BIN file it's the RAW data.

About Echelon, jv9 has told it.

ugodzero said:
It got through once and I was able to play the game but it ran very slowly.
Then it works, if it's slow if your PC it's not fast enough (like mine) to ran it at 100% fps. That's pretty usual if you ask me :p

Last edited:

ugodzero

It runs at at about 20-35 fps. Is this unusual for my PC specs:

2.2 Ghz
256 MB Ram
Intergrated Video Card
Direct X 9.0c

hagbard

Not unusual. You need a very powerfull CPU, a really fast Video Card (intregated ones are not enough), and a very fast FSB & RAM.

My P4 2.4 Ghz 533Mhz FSB, 1Gb DDR-400 RAM, GeForce 6600 GT it's not fast enough, so figure out. Also not only the CPU Ghz matter, some lower clock frequency CPU work much better with Chankast (and with most programs).

Last edited:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
hagbard said:
You *have* to mount the CCD because it has the info about how the data it's data on the CD (well, GD this time). It's the same than a CUE file. The IMG/BIN file it's the RAW data.

but i use the bin file in epsxe and it plays. or is it diffrent in chankast?
sorry if i sound like a noob but im new to DC emulation :eek: